Thread: Fishing at Merwin

Default Fishing at Merwin

When we drove up to Sp. Bay it snowed a little and one part of the road was white. We fished for about 4 hours but dad couldn't find any good schools of fish. It was pretty nice most of the day. We only ended up with 3 nice fish. We caught 2 of them on a lure I made by myself. I call it Shawn's Kok Killer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merwin 2012 001.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	3425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merwin 2012 002.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	3426  
    JR fisherman
    Shasta Tackle Pro Staff! Team Wild Child Follow us on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMeIbuRWhobsmMmpM4xQayQ?feature=watch

The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

Nice report, How about a picture of the shawn's kok killer lure?

They say a picture is worth a thousand words but Shawn's smile is worth about 10 thousand of them.. Nice report

Fish On kokaneekid

kokaneekid@kokaneekidfishing.com

Great report Shawn.

Save the pics of the kok killer until after some derby time this summer! It might get you some candy $$
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!

Quote Originally Posted by TrollNFisher View Post
    Nice report, How about a picture of the shawn's kok killer lure?
    This is the original, it got deep sixed in Merwin News years Day this year but so far its sacrifice to the fishing gods has payed off, the two replicas we made seem to work just as well.
    Not sure exactly what it is about this one, we discovered its value on Yale last year, we tried about 10 of the 20 or so that he and his sister made and this one produced big! It has worked well in north Idaho on Priest lake, Really well on Yale and Merwin. Not that Sunday was the best representation of every thing we tried, (tried a lot of new things we picked up at the show this year) and no fish, we rigged it up similar to the picture behind a sling blade and with in 10 minutes we had a strike and 5 seconds later FISH ON! We put one on another rod and it was the next one to go down, and the 3rd fish was on a wiggle hoochie. So far when nothing else seems to be working this one produces.

The best part.........Shawn made it!! Nothing better than seeing the smug satisfied look on his face when he sees a fish in the net and his lure hooked up.

Name:	Shawns Kok Killer.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	3427   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yale 7-10 006.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	3428  
    Last edited by Mudinchev; 02-28-2012 at 01:49 AM.

That's great, you're creating a monster!

Sounds like that lure has some merit, way to go... might have to give a try.

Looks like a gorgeous day up there too, I missed that one.

Shawn is well on the way to becoming a "Kokanee Pro". He's not only making lures & catching Koke's he's also made his own Kokanee Rod! How about some pictures of it ?

Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

Quote Originally Posted by GoneCatchin View Post
    That's great, you're creating a monster!
    Ohhh you have NO IDEA!!

Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Mudinchev View Post
    This is the original, it got deep sixed in Merwin News years Day this year but so far its sacrifice to the fishing gods has payed off, the two replicas we made seem to work just as well.
    Not sure exactly what it is about this one, we discovered its value on Yale last year, we tried about 10 of the 20 or so that he and his sister made and this one produced big! It has worked well in north Idaho on Priest lake, Really well on Yale and Merwin. Not that Sunday was the best representation of every thing we tried, (tried a lot of new things we picked up at the show this year) and no fish, we rigged it up similar to the picture behind a sling blade and with in 10 minutes we had a strike and 5 seconds later FISH ON! We put one on another rod and it was the next one to go down, and the 3rd fish was on a wiggle hoochie. So far when nothing else seems to be working this one produces.

The best part.........Shawn made it!! Nothing better than seeing the smug satisfied look on his face when he sees a fish in the net and his lure hooked up.
    Very nice looking lure Shawn, and it looks like you have perfected it to slay kokanee maybe this year at the KFF bash we can ask shawn make a couple for a drawing or a couple up for sale. Thanks for sharing pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokonuts View Post
    Shawn is well on the way to becoming a "Kokanee Pro". He's not only making lures & catching Koke's he's also made his own Kokanee Rod! How about some pictures of it ?

Kokonuts
    This was a lot of fun to build and I had very special teachers, Gary and Susan Loomis.

Name:	129_2999.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	3433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	129_2993.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	3434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	129_2994.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	3435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	129_2996.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	3436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loomis Rod 004.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	3437  

JR fisherman
    Shasta Tackle Pro Staff! Team Wild Child Follow us on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMeIbuRWhobsmMmpM4xQayQ?feature=watch

VERY NICE!! Talk about a great experience! Thanks for sharing those pics!
    The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

looks like a good day of being out on lake hope to get out there this saturday with my girls and buddy yimmie i've never seen them smile any bigger than when there catchin kok's great job little buddy hope to see ya up there some day.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Child View Post
    When we drove up to Sp. Bay it snowed a little and one part of the road was white. We fished for about 4 hours but dad couldn't find any good schools of fish. It was pretty nice most of the day. We only ended up with 3 nice fish. We caught 2 of them on a lure I made by myself. I call it Shawn's Kok Killer.
    Nice ! I live near Boise Idaho, but I lived in Washington during my younger years, and didn't even know that Merwin had Kokanee in the waters ! I wonder when they were introduced? We have lots of Kok's around our area, and they are starting to show up now that spring is coming upon us
    Oldrider
    Mountain Home, Idaho
    My goal,, is to die young,,
    at a very old age

Great Job Shawn!!!! That looks like a pretty good setup and it obviously produces. Looks like we have got a future Kokanee Pro; keep up the good work!

great pictures.

kokanee are for kids. nothing better dads and granddads teaching their kids fishin'
    the little girl's smile is priceless
    I take my Omega 3 one Koke at a time. 5 Kokes a day keeps the fisherman happy.

Wild Child

Thanks for the lure yesterday, I tied it up this afternoon and will fish it next time I'm out.

Thanks TNF