Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: merwin

The Early Morning fishing has been Great! I like to fish at the west end past the houses trolling North to South using Shasta Sling Blades with R&K Mini Hoochies & watermelon Apex lures at 50 to 65 feet. Pink maggots & corn with some "secret sauce" has been doing the trick for me!

The fish have been running 14" to 15" fat & sassy!
    Have some Funnn! Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

Yesterday my 7 year old came in and said "Dad it's 4:05. Get up. It's time to go fishing."
    She picked Merwin so we we started there and trolled for about and hour and a half. We managed to boat a 16" rainbow and a nice koke before the captain decided we were done and she wanted to go to the river and try for steelhead.

I must be doing something right!
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!

Smile A Good Week At Merwin

I fished Merwin on Tuesday and Thursday. There was an excellent early morning bite both days.
    Most fish were caught at 35 ft. Usually I am fishing deeper this time of year. Most of the fish were 14-15 inches and fat. I continue to use modified flo. orange wedding rings behind UV sling blades. This combination has worked very well for me all season. Not many people are fishing. On Tuesday there were only a dozen trailers in the lot when I left and today just 16. If you fish next week be prepared for road work. SR 503 is scheduled for chip sealing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0401.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	5475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0404.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	5476  

Merwin continues to produce nice catches of kokanee. I had my five today a little after 0715. I caught two at 35 ft., one at 40 and two at 50. There were very few boats out today. When I returned to Speelyai there were only eight trailers in the lot. As I left a water vermon arrived! Tomorrow starts the new limit of five trout and ten kokanee. I found this on on game dept. website. This will run from August 8- November 30, 2012. The explanation is that there is an excess of hatchery kokanee available for harvest. I am interested how they know this since the kokanee have not returned to the hatchery yet. Also, after late September almost all the fish caught will be next year's fish. Do we really want to harvest 10 -11 inch fish in October and November that will be 13 inches or better by March or April? Flashing signs on SR 503 say that chip sealing will begin tomorrow, August 8. Expect delays of up to 20 minutes. Watch out for flying gravel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345