Thread: American report 1-8-2012

Default American report 1-8-2012

I spent 3 hours (10-1pm) on American today with out a bite. I tried several new lures and I went over to Little American for the first time. There was a hatch and I saw some fish dimpling the surface so I put on a fly but didn't get anything. I did see a guy catching perch. I even trolled a worm. It warmed up with the sun shining the whole time I was there. About 12 the water skier came out to play.

I was out there today as well. No luck either. This was my first time on American to fish. I tried my favorite Merwin lures... Sling blade dodge with a small green hoochie = nothing... Ford Fender dodgers with various color wedding rings = nothing... one pole had a 1-1/2 ounce sinker and I used a down rigger at 20-30 feet... nothing... mostly targeting water that was 80+ feet deep..... please chime in if you know what the trick at American is... or just wait until April? we had the lures all tipped with "the good stuff"

You did what I would do except I didn't fish in the 80 feet of water. I think the deepest I got to was 68 feet.
    I have never fished it before in January. Last year the first time I fished it was March 23rd and I got a limit.

At least you were both out there giving it a shot.
    Lund Impact 1675,Merc 60 EFI, Merc 8,04 Dodge 2500, 07 Eagle Cap 850

Toni, You'll be tearing them up soon enough and kicking my tail as normal. Still was a beautiful day to be out on the lake.

Glad there are some people out there trying/doing. Should be another good year on American Lake. Please keep the reports coming!!