Thread: What are Ya'll fishing for now the kokes are done

Default What are Ya'll fishing for now the kokes are done

We've been to Bear and Wolf lakes trout fishing ,but it's been tough the last month or two.Hoping to do some stream fishing this fall if it rains enough to get our water levels up.

Mark
    Hope all is well. If I were still up there I would be working the lower(hatchery supported) part of the Nantahala. Always plenty of trout(plenty of leaves too this time of year). The pestulent commercial rafters/kayaks are also gone(oh joy). Some big browns might come up from Fontana to spawn as well. I would also work the Valley river(above Andrews). Never know what you will pull out of the deep pools of that river. 1bigfish was up at the lake recently and did not have much luck with the kokes or trout.
    "There's no losing in fishing. You either catch or you learn."

Hey Ron good to hear from you, are you fishing any down in sunny Fla?You're dead on about the lower Nantahala. The delayed harvest section is great and the general water has some monster browns year round.I work the general water with a #11 Rapala as I'm driving through to Andrews in June and Dec. I've caught a few nice fish from the teens to just over 20"and have had a few huge browns to chase and not hit,maybe this Dec I'll peg a couple of beasts. Take Care Mark

Default Wolf Cr Res

Me and my brother-in law went to Wolf this last weekend caught eleven rainbows ,kept seven. The state stocks over 9000 trout a year and Wolf is only 183 acres,but they just won't hit very good some days. The water was murky and we had to go to bright green spoons to get hit except for one bow on a Kokanee Creek spoon. It was great to get out and excercise the Koke gear even if I wasn't catching kokes.