Thread: Flaming Gorge Labor day Weekend 9-3

Default Flaming Gorge Labor day Weekend 9-3

We were hoping to go up to Buckboard 2 weeks ago, but had to change our plans to this last weekend. Fishing wasn't super fast-we were averaging about a fish an hour for 2 days including 11 kokes, 1 rainbow, and 7 lake pups with a lot of hits. We let everything go the first day as the kokes were a bit smaller than normal. I almost wondered if there were some planting going on last month or earlier as most kokes on Saturday were 12-14 inches. We were fishing shallower than normal and started stacking lines to find what would work the best. We did catch a few nice lake pups but let them go too.

Sunday we dropped down by the Pipeline and ran stacked lines at 83 feet with a various squids and spinners and got onto some bigger kokes-also a couple more nice lake pups. We had a double on one stacker-that was interesting. Not one lure or squid stood out, but no takers on hot pink. Cotton Candy squids in all colors, perl white squid with pink blade, assassin lures in bright colors and rainbow glow were all working behind shattered glass dodgers and a fusion dodger.

We boated 2 big spawners and had to keep one as both hooks got caught up in one and by the time we tried to get him back in the water he was done. We ended up taking home 2 fish which we barbaqued tonight. It was a very nice weekend and a good way to close out this koke season at the Gorge which went by too fast! I know there were more than a few members from here up there by the traffic on the radio, and saw a few as they headed to participate in the Parade of lights down by the pipeline and linwood Bay. There was very little wind and a lot of sun all weekend!

MP

Stacking the lines 7-10 feet apart-

This is only the second time I have stacked lines and once you get the hang of it, it's pretty quick to do but having a line come off at 80+ feet without fish on can get old.

MP

Looks like a couple of nice fish. Can't wait for next season as this one definitly went by fast.

Very nice already gone, nice photos
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Default Nice looking Reds!

Beautiful pics and write up! Way to go!

This one would go on the wall of my man cave!

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk