Thread: Arnies reflecto lures

Default Arnies reflecto lures

picked up a few of these at a bait shop simply because they looked good. Anyone have much experiance with them (forget bigger boats, we need bigger tackle boxes) cant pass up another lure that might be the magic bullet...

anyone?? will I be the first to try them on koke?? I seem to have more luck with a lot of flash when the fish are deep and these are flashy..

I looked into getting a few of those lures after reading about them years ago in the book Kokanee by Dave Biser but was unsuccessful getting ahold of any. Could you post a picture of what it looks like?

will asap when my tech wiz (wife) gets in

Default Pictures - maybe

Tech wiz here. Let's see if I can get a picture in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arnies3.jpg 
Views:	889 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	3054   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arnies4.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	3055   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arnies5.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	3056  
    Last edited by RalphL; 08-25-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: grammar

Thanks Tech Wiz...Great pictures! According to the book "Kokanee" the Arnie's Reflecto Vibrator Lure is one of the best koke lures around and is little known outside of Colorado and New Mexico.

given the low price on the box I'm guessing they may have been sitting on the shelf for a while. See the glow in the dark on the right, It is very bright

They look fishy! Please keep us posted when you use them !

Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullets View Post
    .....According to the book "Kokanee" the Arnie's Reflecto Vibrator Lure is one of the best koke lures around and is little known outside of Colorado and New Mexico.
    The Arnie's are extremely popular at Blue Mesa in Colorado and one of the main lures used.

who sells them and what do they normally retail for?? Best colors??

Our local Sportsmans Warehouse sells them, so others may too. Cost is $3 to $3.50. Colors are basically the same as other kokanee gear you probably have - greens, blues, oranges, pinks....

FH, do folks in Colorado generally fish for Kokes with trebles? I don't know if it would be worth buying that lure and converting or just buying the parts to make your own knock off. A blade, some wire and a pair of twist pliers and one is in business.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Default Arnie's reflecto vib lures

If i'm not mistaking, the lower spring slides up and allows the lower eyelet to open to allow a hook change. Pretty cool ha?

hook change is a snap and they dont get ripped up leaders that need changed after a few fish. Used them for the first time this week at Heron. While weddings, apex, hoochies all cought fish the salmon colored and glow arnies were most consistant,, and continued to catch fish when the others quit. Especially when I had to go below 35ft in that murky water.. Very much like this lure. Very flashy and the metal blade on metal beads seems to rattle, also rides up and down the wire a bit. Guess thats where the vibrator moniker comes from. Will buy more and make them a regular player. Really recommend them HIGHLY

Which one are you referring to as "salmon colored"?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

the two on the far left in the group image. Also used the glow, Those were the only colors I tried since they were both producing fish. Loss ratio way down with the treble, fish range from fat 12 inchers up to 14,15, with one nice 16 inch female. In all fairness I was running 3 lines and had a WR and a hoochie on which also cought fish but the Arnie boated over half the fish,maybe a bit more. This is a very good lure if you can find them. Corn on all three hooks on the treble.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    FH, do folks in Colorado generally fish for Kokes with trebles? I don't know if it would be worth buying that lure and converting or just buying the parts to make your own knock off. A blade, some wire and a pair of twist pliers and one is in business.
    Most of the people fishing for kokes are using lures with trebles here. The kokes hit them consistently so there hasn't been much reason to change. The hoochies and spinners with double hooks have become more popular the last couple of years, but people love to use Arnies and other spinners with trebles.

can roll yur own with blades

inline spinner blade, paint dip mine in UV and or phosphorescent fluorescent paints

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/inline-...es/310170.aspx

http://glowinc.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=11

have a wilder flopping action that drives the late summer pre spawn kokes into attack mode. hard aggressive hits.
    lots of flash down in the dark summer deep. sometimes fish 2 ft behind a dodger or flasher string.

i've had good luck with gami or owner trebles, super chemically sharpened.
    Last edited by smokin' Kokes; 09-16-2011 at 06:04 AM.
    I take my Omega 3 one Koke at a time. 5 Kokes a day keeps the fisherman happy.