Thread: American 8/9/2011 ):

Default American 8/9/2011 ):

Put the boat in the water today around 5:45am trolled around till 11:00am and not a single bite! Had hootchies, wedding rings, spinners, just about everything down there from 50ft up to the surface.

There was about 15 other boats out there with me and didn't see anyone with there nets out catching fish ):

Anyone else had any luck these past couple days?

I got on American Lake this morning about 6:30. Trolled north and didn't get a bite. I threw everything but the kitchen sink at them. Boat is too small for a kitchen, otherwise the sink would have been there also. At about 8 am, I heard the bells at the VA church and the bite started. I got my limit in about the next 2 hours using a bright yellow wedding ring (homemade) with two spotted sling blades. I will post a picture soon.

The weather was less than ideal and there was a guy with a boat that looked like he had a fire pump on the back. That was pretty entertaining. The water was shooting probably 150 feet back of the boat.

Well it is nice to hear that someone did good! And I did see the guy with the big rooster tail of water going around the lake, it was pretty awesome. I can say though I expected it to be a little louder, like a top fuel drag car or something lol.

You put any scent or bait on the end of your wedding ring?

I was using corn that was treated with Pro-Cure Korn Magic and then Krill oil. It has a nice smell of anise and seemed to be doing the trick today. Tomorrow will probably be a totally different story.