Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Hey Monte - Welcome aboard! I live just north of you in San Mateo so you are not too far away. THere's not a whole lot of time left this season but Berryessa is where I spend a lot of time and I'll be at Pardee on the 29th for the last Kokanee Power derby. Pardee is a great lake to get started as well as they generally have lots of Kokes. PM me for any questions and I'll share my knowledge with you.

Kevin

Default Fishing

Hey everyone my name is Albert and I am from Pakistan. I love fishing when I feel stress then I go to see said and try catch the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechKoke View Post
    Hey Monte - Welcome aboard! I live just north of you in San Mateo so you are not too far away. THere's not a whole lot of time left this season but Berryessa is where I spend a lot of time and I'll be at Pardee on the 29th for the last Kokanee Power derby. Pardee is a great lake to get started as well as they generally have lots of Kokes. PM me for any questions and I'll share my knowledge with you.

Kevin
    Hi Kevin,

Thanks! How do I PM you? Can't find the button...

I have a couple hand-crank Scotty downriggers I should set up on the boat, if I can find the clamps and mounting plates in my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Monte View Post
    Hi Kevin,

Thanks! How do I PM you? Can't find the button...
    Click on the persons name you would like to pm, a drop box will apear and you will have an option to pm member
    I just know stuff...

Thanks, P4L. I found it.

I do hope you fix that problem of being lonely over the winter. Good luck. Did you check out the boat trader on line site?

Okay, well I guess I've waited long enough to intoduce myself. I'm Rob Chambers and I've been chasing kokes for as long as I can remember, as most of you have also. I also work at Hill and spent 26 years falling out airplanes for the army and for fun all over the world. Some of you have probably seen me when we jump the fairs, rodeos, and 4th of july events around the Ogen area. Fortunately, I finally grew up and sold all my skydiving gear and bought as boat. Not nearly as rough on the body but a lot tougher on the wallet. One of my greatest pleasures in my life that I can attribute to kok fishing was meeting one of my best friend Jared Johnson (Sockeye Slayer). His family and mine have become very close over the years and I'm not sure who's kids are whos anymore. Anyway power to all who chase those little silver rockets. Lets FISH.
    Rob/RMT

Quote Originally Posted by halojm View Post
    Okay, well I guess I've waited long enough to intoduce myself. I'm Rob Chambers and I've been chasing kokes for as long as I can remember, as most of you have also. I also work at Hill and spent 26 years falling out airplanes for the army and for fun all over the world. Some of you have probably seen me when we jump the fairs, rodeos, and 4th of july events around the Ogen area. Fortunately, I finally grew up and sold all my skydiving gear and bought as boat. Not nearly as rough on the body but a lot tougher on the wallet. One of my greatest pleasures in my life that I can attribute to kok fishing was meeting one of my best friend Jared Johnson (Sockeye Slayer). His family and mine have become very close over the years and I'm not sure who's kids are whos anymore. Anyway power to all who chase those little silver rockets. Lets FISH.
    Rob/RMT
    i hear catus's are hard on the landing
    I just know stuff...

Great site here! My name is Gary, from Bend Oregon. I too am obsessed with these fish, and decided to join up after recognizing a few others from Oregon and California. I mainly fish Paulina Lake here in Central Oregon. For those that haven't been up this way, Paulina Lake is in the crater of a dormant volcano and is at 6,350 ft. in elevation. Been fishing all my life, but have been targeting kokanee for the last 5 or 6 years now. I hope to share some of what I have learned over the years here, and to learn from others as well. I make and test my own lures, and enjoy useing different techniques to catch these tasty fish. Hope to get into some good discussions here!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullets View Post
    Great site here! My name is Gary, from Bend Oregon. I too am obsessed with these fish, and decided to join up after recognizing a few others from Oregon and California. I mainly fish Paulina Lake here in Central Oregon. For those that haven't been up this way, Paulina Lake is in the crater of a dormant volcano and is at 6,350 ft. in elevation. Been fishing all my life, but have been targeting kokanee for the last 5 or 6 years now. I hope to share some of what I have learned over the years here, and to learn from others as well. I make and test my own lures, and enjoy useing different techniques to catch these tasty fish. Hope to get into some good discussions here!
    Welcome aboard Gary, Glad to have you here look forward to your reports and posts.
    I just know stuff...

Welcome Silver Bullets,
    It is great to see more people from the northwest joining the site. When it comes down to it we're all a bunch of koke addicts.
    Mack

Default Crawler

Hey Sportsfans!
    I'm Rick Reese in Green River, Wyo. I was born and raised in the great state of Minnesota (walleyes!). I've worked for BP America for 26 years and all but 3 in Wyoming. I call this great state home now, lots of space and very few people. I'm just getting into koke fishing. Not the most challenging of fish but you can't beat them grilled! I have to admit though... you can't beat a relaxing day of downrigging. I always have an empty seat on the boat if anyone cares to join me. Just a little gas money and friendly conversation is all it costs!
    Fish on!

Quote Originally Posted by crawler View Post
    Hey Sportsfans!
    I'm Rick Reese in Green River, Wyo. I was born and raised in the great state of Minnesota (walleyes!). I've worked for BP America for 26 years and all but 3 in Wyoming. I call this great state home now, lots of space and very few people. I'm just getting into koke fishing. Not the most challenging of fish but you can't beat them grilled! I have to admit though... you can't beat a relaxing day of downrigging. I always have an empty seat on the boat if anyone cares to join me. Just a little gas money and friendly conversation is all it costs!
    Fish on!
    Welcome aboard Rick, hey anytime you need that seat filled drop me a line. I'm always looking for someone to fish with
    I just know stuff...

Hi,
    I am Brian Russell from Bend Oregon. I live about 17 miles from Wickiup Reservoir and 25 miles from Paulina Lake in Central Oregon. Wickiup is my favorite place to fish mostly because the fish size, on average, is larger than in most of the other Oregon lakes. I started fishing for Kokanee about 10 years ago. I only had a row boat and would row around Green Peter reservoir catching a few fish here and there. I learned to fish for Kokanee from a web site called the Kokanee Page. That was a great place at that time to learn tips and tricks. I have been an avid Kokanee fishermen since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallriverguy View Post
    Hi,
    I am Brian Russell from Bend Oregon. I live about 17 miles from Wickiup Reservoir and 25 miles from Paulina Lake in Central Oregon. Wickiup is my favorite place to fish mostly because the fish size, on average, is larger than in most of the other Oregon lakes. I started fishing for Kokanee about 10 years ago. I only had a row boat and would row around Green Peter reservoir catching a few fish here and there. I learned to fish for Kokanee from a web site called the Kokanee Page. That was a great place at that time to learn tips and tricks. I have been an avid Kokanee fishermen since then.
    Welcome to the site FRG
    I just know stuff...

Hi My name is Don Brown and I am a Koke-a-holic.
    I have been chasing these silver bullets for the last twenty years here in Calif.I live in the Sacramento area.I wil be making my first journey to the Mecca of Kokanee(Flaming Gorge) fishing this july.
    Hope to chat with you here.

Quote Originally Posted by One More Pass View Post
    I have been chasing these silver bullets for the last twenty years here in Calif.I live in the Sacramento area.I wil be making my first journey to the Mecca of Kokanee(Flaming Gorge) fishing this july.

Welcome to the site Don. Looking forward to your posts and reports. let me know when you will be at the gorge i might have to make a trip over to meet ya
    I just know stuff...

Hello everyone.

My name is Kent Barnes from West Jordan, Ut. My wife Nicole and I won the grand prize at the Burbot bash put on by BFT. I found this sight looking for Halojm and his photos of past Kokanee trips. He is the one who will take Nicole and I out for our first ever kokanee fishing trip. I've caught a few of them being as I was born and raised as an Idaho fisherman. But when I joined the Airforce in 1982 at 18 the only fishing I did for 12 years was 5 - 6 trips out to Gatun Lake in Panama where I caught the mosat fish in my lifetime Peacock Bass. They pretty much jumped in the boat with you. 120 fish per person per day was an average back in 89 - 92. Squadron size fish frys. Got out of the Airforce and brought Nicole to the US with me. We lived in Boise till 1997 then we moved to Utah and I got a job with Salt Lake County as the Traffic Management Coordinator.
    Nicole and I are so overjoyed at being able to go on a fishing trip with HaloJM. It will be outta this world.

We don't own a boat so we pretty much just fish from the bank. We did however take on Ice fishing for the first time this year. And I bought a used small fishhunter 360 raft with a Used minnkota 30 motor to use this comming spring/summer/fall.

We have two boys 16 and 18 who are super kids. We love life and the outdoors. My screen name on BFT is Im4trout and Nicole's is I8trout.

We will be fishing Causey this spring. I had no idea there where Kokanee in there.

Glad to be here.

welcome I4K, we should hooup this spring and chase some fish togeather
    I just know stuff...

Welcome aboard IM4trout. You won the day of fishing with Rob Chambers? I didnt attend the burbot bash, but it sounds like I missed a great time! You are in for a treat fishing with Rob. He will put you on kokes and show you what real kokanee fishing is all about. I am sure you'll be hooked! Again, welcome to the addiction of kokanee fishing!
    Last edited by Digi-Troller; 01-14-2009 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by One More Pass View Post
    Hey Don - Good to have you aboard and to add some more Kalyfornia koke addicts. We've met a time or two through A-NET and KP... I'm sure you are probably going to the SAC ISE show so maybe I'll see you there.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Digi-Troller View Post
    Welcome aboard IM4trout. You won the day of fishing with Rob Chambers? I didnt attend the burbot bash, but it sounds like I missed a great time! You are in for a treat fishing with Rob. He will put you on kokes and show you what real kokanee fishing is all about. I am sure you'll be hooked! Again, welcome to the addiction of kokanee fishing!
    No I didn't, My wife Nicole did. She is being a real sweetie and will allow me to tag along.

Ya I know what becomes of Kokanee fanatics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skifishintro (WinCE).jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	198  

Quote Originally Posted by Petty4life View Post
    welcome I4K, we should hooup this spring and chase some fish togeather
    Thank You, We can do that for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Im4kokanee View Post
    Thank You, We can do that for sure!!!
    Arn't you the one that got my trolling motor bracket for the fishhunter 360?
    I just know stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Petty4life View Post
    Arn't you the one that got my trolling motor bracket for the fishhunter 360?
    Yes I met your wife :)

I knew there was something about your name, but it just did not click. And thank you for the bracket. Never got to use it yet. but, will be on the water this spring. Still gotta get a battery for it. Just not sure what to buy.
    Last edited by Im4kokanee; 01-14-2009 at 02:53 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast