Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Hello My name is Ryan Neil I live in Pleasant View. I work for Carrier Corporation as an HVAC/Refer.Tech for the past 10 years. I enjoy all types of fishing. I usualy spend alot of time on the BFT website, but Jason asked I check out This new Koke. Fishing Forum...I got to say I am excited to learn more about Kokanee fishing. I been out on the water with Jason a time or two and I know he's the man to learn from. I do own a 19' Skeeter fish/ski boat with 150hp Yamaha...I am always looking for a second or third person to tag along. I have been married for 9 years and have 3 wonderful kids. My absolute favorite Place to be is at our family cabin in Island Park and fishing Henry's lake. Last of all...The only thing thats better than Hooking into a good size Kokanee....is their distinct flavor YUM YUM!!!

name is Zak. i currently reside in germany, and am working out of baghdad iraq. i call colorado home and utah home at the same time. i love fishing for koks at eleven mile (to bad they all died out) and blue mesa in colorado, have yet to have the chance to go after them in utah or at the gorge. i have fished in every country i have been stationed in so far, and a few i have just been passing through (japan, korea, france, italy, germany, austria, iraq) and go every chance i can. the times i do come home io spend my so called vacation getting up at o'dark thirty to try and fish until after sunset.

hey Robert I am also from that same area. i grew up in Upalco, Good to see another basonite on here,
    jed

Just found this place thanks to Grandpa D. This is my first post here. Retired twice - once from the Air Force (that's how I came to be in Utah) and then again from silly service (federal). Retirement is a real drag with nothing to do but fish, hunt, shoot Skeet; day after day after day.

My bride and I are in Park City this week and I'll be hitting the Berry for kokanee on Monday I hope. I'll be in a Tracker Targa V16 w/ a 75 Merc and Cannon downriggers. I have a BFT sticker (am I allowed to say that here?) on each side on the windshield. Give a shout if you see us up there.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Hi all, I'm Rick, I've only fished for kokes through the ice (no boat), but hope to get the tube after them soon.
    Look forward to learning and sharing all kinds of things with you all.
    thanks.

Default know some of you

Hey, I'm Chuck and a Prof at Utah State University. Bird hunting with my Labs is #1 priority closely followed by fly fishing and the random boat fishing when I can get an invite. Love the kokes, and (thanks to Jared and RMT) already have to much koke gear in comparison to the few times I've been out. Also, I have appreciated the help/advice of several members of this forum.

I'm Matt Brimhall (AKA HookJaw Brimhall From BFT), I'm also another Ogdenite.
    I've always loved the slimy silvers, mostly fish Causey for Kokes, but I try to get out to the Gorge at least once every year. Looking forward to learning everything possible about catching these land lockin, lure stalkin, silver beasts!
    Good to know you all!

Default ready to fish

Hi, I’m Bart Schenck. I have had success catching kokes at the Gorge but have not any success around here. (North Ogden) I have had a dilemma I have picked up fly fishing last year and love it. So my dilemma was with my boat. I have since tried to incorporate the two, I have now ran my fly rod on the downrigger, which is quite fun. So I look forward to getting to know more of you and learning how to catch more kokes.

Default Fish On

Hi I,m Shawn AKA(ateve1 on BFT). I live in Roy and it seems in the last few of yrs i've been trying to target certain species every other yr. Lunkerhunter got me hooked on muskies but now it is time for kokes. So I may be asking alot of questions. thanks petty4life for hooking me up on this site!!

hey guys Dickweed here, Well I finally made it, thanks Jason and Propnut. Kinda new to this computer stuff. Talked to Propnut, he was up to Font. monday caught a few bows. I am going out Wed./ Thurs after kokes, will have a Newby with me, hope to see ya out there.
    wishin I was fishin

Pro Staff: Rocky Mountain Tackle

About time you joined the fun.Lots of knowledgeable fisherman here,a few of them you even know.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Glad your here D-Weed. I have to laugh when I said D-weed on here and it stuck to go with D#$@ weed. Thats some funnt stuff.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Weed View Post
    hey guys Dickweed here, Well I finally made it, thanks Jason and Propnut. Kinda new to this computer stuff. Talked to Propnut, he was up to Font. monday caught a few bows. I am going out Wed./ Thurs after kokes, will have a Newby with me, hope to see ya out there.
    Glad you made it Gary. we still need to hookup and fish togeather
    I just know stuff...

Some of you know me as Grandpa D from the old Doug Miller Forums.
    On BFT, I'm DKSRenegade aka DKSTroutfitter.
    Grandpa D was already taken on BFT.
    I have been hunting and fishing Northern Utah for about 50 years now.

I love to fish for all types of fish and I feel very lucky to live here in Utah, where there are such diverse fishing opportunities.

I started fishing for Kokanee about 6 years ago at Causey Reservoir.
    My Brother in law introduced Kokanee fishing to me and my 2 sons.

I live in Roy and work for Roy City in the Public Works Dept.
    I manage the Community Fishing Pond in Roy as part of my duties.

My wife and I love to camp and we are members of Camper World.

I don't hunt very much any more.
    It just isn't what it used to be.

Most of my outdoor time now is spent fishing.

Dale

My name is Colby Livingston I'm 24 years old married with 3 little animals. I am recent part Owner of Curlys Lures with my Brother Jason and Father Max(Long Time Dream of mine).
    We have been fishing ever since I can remember. I do have to admit though that
    even though kokes are awsome and know dout one of my favorites, Bass are my
    passion. Alone with putting in countless hours of time in with Curlys Lures I also Manage Napa Auto Parts in Clearfield, where I also live (so if any of you need any thing come and see me!!!!!!). The countless number of awsome people in our fishing community, keeps a huge smile on my face and makes trips to the lake that much fun.
    www.curlyslures.com

My name is Mykel Ramsey. My Dad is Kokaholic. I enjoy fishing with my dad and petty4life. I am going to go fish the gorge this next weekend and give my dad and the boys some lessons!

Quote Originally Posted by KelKokeKiller View Post
    My name is Mykel Ramsey. My Dad is Kokaholic. I enjoy fishing with my dad and petty4life. I am going to go fish the gorge this next weekend and give my dad and the boys some lessons!
    There goes the neighborhoodnana
    I just know stuff...

My name is Jaden and my dad is petty4life. I'm 10yrs old. I also enjoy fishing for kokanee salmon. I wish my dad would hurry and get another boat. I'm looking forward to fishing the gorge with kel and woopin the old mans butt.

Welcome to both Mykel & Jaden. I know both of your dad's and if you both turn out to be as good of sportsman as they are,then the future of kokanne fishing will be in good hands.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

My name is Gary Gonder. I live in Green River Wyo, I love to fish. It does not matter what kind, if theres water and I have a fishin pole I'm in Heaven.

Hey Petty let me or Propnut know where your headed our way and we will plan a trip

Hi all. I'm from Vancouver Wa, recently moved from Spokane. In Spokane I spent my summer nights jigging for kokes with lights and glow rigs. Now I've finally gotten my boat back after my move and am beginning to figure out some of the large resivoirs nearby.
    Boat- 1960's Sea Nymph 8hp Suzuki
    Fishfinder- 6'6" Eagle Claw, lead core and sharp hooks. Old school, at least until I get a few more pay raises. :)

my name is Darrell, from San Jose, Ca. auto body estimator, don't really know how I found this site, life long fisherman, currently have a commercial salmon boat, but the fisherie is not good as I'm sure all have heard. This koke fishing has bitten me to the point that my home chores are behind :). you guys are very lucky to have quality fish as you do. hope to fish FG some day soon.

I might as well follow a fellow Californian. My name is Kevin Smith and I'm an admitted Koke addict. Fishing is a family affair for us most of the time, see my photo album. I live in the S.F. Bay area.. and too far for my liking to the Kokanee likes but this is where my fascination with small company start-ups in the hi-tech industry has led me for now. I enjoy fishing the Kokanee derbies we have out here and getting together with all the people involved in that arena.

My name is Monte and I live in Campbell, California. I know very little about Kokanee fishing, but lucked into a few this year at Huntington Lake in the West Sierras. I really like fishing for them better than for trout. I fish from a 15 ft Gregor boat with a 25hp Yamaha 2-stroke engine. I'm going to hang out here to try to find out how to do Kokanee correctly. There seems to be a lot to it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast