Thread: The passing of the worlds best Kokanee fisherman!

Default The passing of the worlds best Kokanee fisherman!

The kokanee fishing fishing world lost the best Kokanee fisherman there ever was today, our dear friend, Russ Fraugt, owner of fisherman friend in California passed away early this morning after a long courages battle with cancer.

Russ got to spend much of the past few years at the gorge at Buckboard catching many great Kokanee and trout. Russ was also our go to man when you needed anything from Scotty or some inside advice on catching those kokes. Russ also contributed some nice gifts and a nice Rod to our first KFF meet and greet at BB a few years back.

Rest in peace Russ, you will be missed. Your a great man and an even better fisherman and friend to all.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

this is very sad, Russ was an awesome guy. The whole Kokanee world lost a friend. thanks for letting us know Mark. Rest in peace Russ

Default gone but not forgotten

rest in peace fish -on

A great friend, a one of a kind.

We will miss you Russ.

God Bless You and Your Family.
    God bless.

Unhappy Sad News

Kokanee fisherman lost a great friend on Monday 7-18-2011. Russ Faught of Fisherman's Friend in Lodi, CA. lost his battle with cancer. I've posted this here because he loved fishing Flaming Gorge. Many of you know him from meeting him there. He will be missed by all who knew him...Rest in peace Russ
    Here's a link to his hometown paper
    http://www.lodinews.com/news/article...b666bc6d8.html
    Last edited by FishinFools; 07-21-2011 at 04:21 PM.

I hardly knew him, but he helped me out on a couple Scotty downrigger repairs.
    We discussed kokanee fishing and I didn't know how famous he was until reading about it after his passing. He even invited me up to Royal Gorge to stay at his place there. Very nice guy. What's going to happen to Fisherman's Friend now?
    Age 65.
    20 ft. Jetcraft. 90hp Evinrude Etec, 8hp Yamaha kicker, Minn Kota electric troller. Electric 1106 Scotty downriggers, Lowrance HDS7 Fish Finder/GPS. Airmar P66.
    Also have a 15 ft. Gregor. 25hp Yamaha electric 2-stroke. Two electric 1106 Scotty downriggers. Lowrance HDS7 Fish Finder/GPS.

Michael, his son, is taking over "Fisherman's Friend".
    God bless.