Thread: Hey Yall

Cool Hey Yall

Hello Everyone!
    My name is Cory and I just moved up here with my wife, Jenni. We moved here from South Carolina almost two months ago. Big thanks to the Navy for giving me a chance to live in such a beautiful area. Back on the east coast I was not what you would call an avid fisherman, nor am I yet. Since moving to the area I have made it a goal to fish until my hands bleed, or until I catch a decent fish. I'm closer to having to buy a first aid kit for my hands. I've been to a few lakes, no luck. I've been fishing at point no point, Indianola Pier, and Salsbury Park just to come up with a few pain in the butt flounder, ratfish that have a face only a mother could love, and a enough crab to make your eyes cross. The crabbing was fun for a while, but it's something I'm going to have to take a little at a time now. Kokanee fishing looks like a blast, and I feel like it could be a "gateway drug" to other fishing. Only problem is, I have absolutly no idea what I'm doing. I have been reading, studying, and asking questions to no avail. It also seems that I seem to be S.O.L. without a boat. Any hints, tips, suggestions, lucky rabbit feet, or friends willing to show me the ropes, I'm all ears. Love the web site and I hope to be the one giving advise one day.

A joke is a very serious thing.
    Winston Churchill
    Last edited by addicted2fishing; 05-20-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Cory. Your definately in the right place to learn about kokanee. If you have the money, some of these guys here have talent in helping you spend it. If a boat is not quite in your scene for the moment try our HitchHiker forum. You can latch onto a fishing trip with someone.

I also want to thank you for serving in our Armed Forces. We also have some other military members that are members here.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Welcome aboard! And I too thank you for your service. Hang in there, it takes time. We've all had to pay our dues, and many of us are still paying regularly. It would help you out a lot if you could find someone to take you out and show you the ropes. Most of us koke fishermen are happy to share and to help a fellow out. Good luck out there and just stick with it.

Thank you both. I will start asking around for help. I had no idea about the hitchhiker forum. Maybe I'll be able to post a picture soon of my fist kokanee!

Welcome to a great site and Washington! I primarily fish American lake since it is so close. If you ever wanted to come down here I am sure we could work something out and get you out. Thanks for the service you do!
    The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

Talking Heck Yes!

eenakoK,
    That would be absolutely awesome. I'm willing to help with gas, food, drinks...you name it. I'll wash the dang boat. Anytime you're heading out fishing and willing to have a visitor tag along, I'll be there. I have some gear of my own and I would be willing to bring anything else we would need.

Welcome to the Forum & I'll add my thanks for your service. If you ever get the chance to come down to southern Wa. & Lake Merwin I can fix you up!
    Just send me a Private Message. I am retired and spend a LOT of time at the Lake!

Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

Welcome to Kokanee Fishing Forum... Be very careful with the kokanee fishing it is a very addictive sport... But man is it fun, and some of the best eating fish around.

Fish On kokaneekid