Thread: 14 May 2011 American

Default 14 May 2011 American

14 May 2011 started 0530-0930. Trolled northside of the island started out trolling free lining a chartreuse squid hoochie with a 6 inch dodger tipped with pink Berkley’s maggot and DNA kokanee gel. Then another rod free lined out the back copper and pink dodger with a pink squid tipped with the same stuff. My son landed 2 real quick one on each rod. Then to be honest it was slow and fish seemed to shut down, don’t know if it was the all the traffic or what. Passed Duroboat and he said go thirty down on the riggers take off the snubbers to give it more action behind the dodger. So I did willing to put fish in the boat, I put the first one down at 28 and bam fish on chartreuse. Changed out the other and put it down to 28 also. Me and my son caught 8. Trolling speed was slow this morning the water was like glass .8 to 1.2. Water temp was almost 54.4; we picked up 2 freelining out the back and 6 off the riggers at 28-30 foot down. Duroboat thanks for the tip. Had a chance to finally meet eenokok, and kokanee-slayer glad to meet you and look forward to talking again and passing each other on the water. It was a gorgeous day and my son had a blast as usual. I would post a picture of him but by the time we get home he is passed out in the truck for an hour or so cause I get him up at 4 and he is ready!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14 may2.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	2529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14 may3.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	2530  

Quote Originally Posted by TrollNFisher View Post
    14 May 2011 started 0530-0930. Trolled northside of the island started out trolling free lining a chartreuse squid hoochie with a 6 inch dodger tipped with pink Berkley’s maggot and DNA kokanee gel. Then another rod free lined out the back copper and pink dodger with a pink squid tipped with the same stuff. My son landed 2 real quick one on each rod. Then to be honest it was slow and fish seemed to shut down, don’t know if it was the all the traffic or what. Passed Duroboat and he said go thirty down on the riggers take off the snubbers to give it more action behind the dodger. So I did willing to put fish in the boat, I put the first one down at 28 and bam fish on chartreuse. Changed out the other and put it down to 28 also. Me and my son caught 8. Trolling speed was slow this morning the water was like glass .8 to 1.2. Water temp was almost 54.4; we picked up 2 freelining out the back and 6 off the riggers at 28-30 foot down. Duroboat thanks for the tip. Had a chance to finally meet eenokok, and kokanee-slayer glad to meet you and look forward to talking again and passing each other on the water. It was a gorgeous day and my son had a blast as usual. I would post a picture of him but by the time we get home he is passed out in the truck for an hour or so cause I get him up at 4 and he is ready!
    I was good to meet you as well! hmm, I think I see some vance dodgers in my future!
    The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

Default tough limits

Well I got out early today took out one of gun library outfitters for his first time chasing Koks. We got two right away on top using Vance pink/copper uv dodgers with Rocky Mountain hoochies with spinner blade. Hit and landed another on rigger at 10 ft. Than it died off!!!

Ok time to find where they went, sun was coming up strong and the wind died. I starting seeing small groups of fish around 25- 35 feet down, so took the average. Finished catching the remaining 7 from 20 to 30 ft. Had two rods using stackers on one rigger one at 20 ft other at 30 and the third rod on the other rigger at 30 ft. Using Pink and Chartruese Hoochies. As I told TrollNfisher took the risk and took off the snubbers to get some more action to the lures.

DNA Kokanee Scent and Pink Gulp Maggots to add scent. Also use soft glow beads to raise up hoochie away from hooks. Hit them with UV light and sent them down deep. Old trick helps and bam bam got 2 limits!!!!!

When things go slow keep changing depths first and then lures next!!!!!

Dang' it! I was there too did see any of you except my ocd/add koke apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Kokanee Kid View Post
    Dang' it! I was there too did see any of you except my ocd/add koke apprentice
    HAHA!
    The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

Had a chance to finally meet eenokok, and kokanee-slayer glad to meet you and look forward to talking again and passing each other on the water. It was a gorgeous day and my son had a blast as usual.
    TrollNFisher, It was great to finally meet you as well. It was also good to see eenakok and Duroboat Rider on the water.

The fishing was a lot slower than it has been. I was catching them between 25 and 30 with one of Kokanee-Toni's custom setups and Pink Splatterback Hoochies tipped with corn and live maggots behind a Slingblade Dodger.

Kokanee-Toni, I think you are on to something with that set up you gave me because I recieved some pretty strong hits.

Bailed early because I was starting to feel poorly. I ended up spending the rest of the day and evening at the hospital dealing with a Kidney Stone. That was definitely a painful experience. But the worst part was that it screwed up a beautiful day for fishing. LOL

Default hope you heal up quick

Hey Kokanee-Slayer glad to see you out as well its nice to have feedback while on the water. Hope you heal up quick and get back on the water soon!!!

Kokanee_Slayer hope you feel better, and make a quick recovery. See u on the water.
    Last edited by TrollNFisher; 05-18-2011 at 09:22 AM.