Thread: New to Washington

Default New to Washington

I just moved to Tumwater Wa. from sacramento Ca. Have been fishing for Kok's for near 15 years in Ca. Was on the BODs of Kokanee Power Ca. for 6years. What I need is to know where the best kokanee waters are here in the great state of Wa.! On my drive up I stoped at Merwin on Monday and fished from 8:00 til 1:00, pretty slow bite, only put 2 to the boat. Merwin is a beautiful lake though.
    I plan on fishing this coming Sat. if any of you Wa. guys or gals can give me some advice on where to go I'd be greatfull for the advice. I,m also looking for someone to fish with. I have 18ft Lund with all the best trolling equipment.
    Randy B

Welcome aboard Randy B. Looking forward to your reports

Hey Randy - Glad you made it over here and I'm sure you'll find the Washington guys pretty active in reports.

We are going to miss Randy and all the things he has been responsible for doing in Kokanee Power - just a few of them were that he was our net pen expert and builder as well as 1/2 of our weighmaster team.

Kevin
    Kokanee Adventures from above and below...
    www.youtube.com/hitechkoke

Welcome to the board! There is American Lake up in Lakewood, about 30 minutes from you. This has been a great year there. Riffe lake is south of you, while they arent kokanee, they are land locked coho and a lot of fun as well. This year I haven't heard very good reports as of yet. There is also Alder lake down south as well. Lake Stevns up North is also a good lake, this lake has had derbies the last two years.

Welcome to a great state! look forward to your posts and reports!
    The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"