Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derby Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Brown bear View Post
    It was my understanding the Villa boys are sick of dealing with UT. If that is the case and a fraction of us derby participants went to a RAC meeting to vocalize our discussed in the process. Its easy for us to make a change.........
    I know we are all thinking the same thing, but what will we do about it????
    So let me ask you this. Will going to a RAC meeting and voicing your displeasure over the Villa derby coming to a end,force the organizers of the derby to hold it again next year?
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Quote Originally Posted by fishinfrenzy View Post
    A first for me this trip was seeing a koke take the line forward towards the bow of the boat, just wondering if anyone else has ever seen on do that???
    I had one do that last year at Wallowa, went straight down first, then straight up, they way out in front of the boat, then turned around and came right back towards the boat, and thats when I lost him, could not keep up and he got slack.

I am assuming it was a koke, never saw it, could have been a lake trout also.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Propnuts- "So let me ask you this. Will going to a RAC meeting and voicing your displeasure over the Villa derby coming to a end,force the organizers of the derby to hold it again next year?"

Interesting, I figured I would be challenged on the RAC idea.

No, it won't they can't be made to do anything. But making UT regs more user friendly and less prohibitive to derby type events would not hurt a thing. Also taking a sec to go to a RAC would likely be beneficial to all of us. We live in one of the few states that considers public opinion while making or modifying laws.

Just my thoughts

you Might want to start at the forest service seeing as they give the permit's out for derbys not the dwr rac! has nothing to do with the dwr! what do you all think that angler inpact does to this fishery when 900 guys are catching and releaseing 1000's of kokes in a weekend? look at the big picture! dont these fish have enough strikes against them with out derby's! fyi the villia has even been closed down!

nofish's fish from the derby
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaronmack.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	2570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaronmack2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	2571  

[QUOTE=FISH;29064]has nothing to do with the dwr!

Not entirely true. The Utah DWR does impact fishing contests! The rules "in part" are listed below.

Fishing contests
    Utah Admin. Rule R657-58

You can hold a fishing contest in Utah, but you
    must follow the rules, some of which changed this
    year. For the current fishing contest rules, please
    see Utah Admin. Rule R657-58 at wildlife.utah.
    gov/rules, visit http://go.usa.gov/axu or contact
    the nearest Division office.

R657-58-5. Requirements for Type I Fishing Contests for Cold Water Fish Species
    (1) A COR from the division is required for all Type I fishing contests for cold water fish species.

(2) Type I fishing contests for cold water fish may not:

(a) involve more than 200 participants

(b) offer more than $2,000 in total prizes

(c ) utilize live weigh-ins

(3) Type I fishing contests for cold water fish species are prohibited on waters where the Wildlife Board has imposed more restrictive special harvest rules for targeted cold water fish species including tackle restrictions, size restrictions, and other exceptions to the general fishing regulations, except at Scofield Reservoir where Type 1 fishing contests are allowed for rainbow trout only.

(4) There is no limit to the number of participants or total prizes at Flaming Gorge and Echo Reservoirs.

(5) Type I fishing contests for cold water fish species may not be held

(a) on Free Fishing Day except at Echo Reservoir.

(6) Fish taken in Type I cold water fishing contests may not be culled.

The comment made at the Derby drawing appearde to be placing blame on the Daggit County Sheriff "All the red & blue lights up the road"

I agree with Smoke .. just a little advise for those in are great state of Utah that are doing some of these derbys as event planner in the the past you need to be very carefull .

1 IRS needs there cut out the wiinnings
    2 GAMBLING LAW THIS IS ILLEGAL

Been there done that read the law

OK agitator, Do you have a blow up view of your avitar pic?
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    Careful Roger, I don't want to hear your heart missed a beat and you fell over board. But on the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing it a bit larger since my eye sight isn't what it use to be.
    Rocky Mountain Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    Well not to go off topic but I thought that might help the with cuts on your fingers

Quote Originally Posted by agitator View Post
    Well not to go off topic but I thought that might help the with cuts on your fingers
    What cuts? What fingers?
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12