Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby Weekend

Default Derby Weekend

I would like to wish everyone in the Villa Derby this weekend

1) GREAT FISHING

2) GOOD FRIENDSHIP

3) SAFE BOATING

Looking forward to all the stories (lies) on Monday.

Looks like its going to be a beautiful weekend weekend. See you all there and good luck to all!!
    www.curlyslures.com

. . . and reports???
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Quote Originally Posted by MMDON View Post
    . . . and reports???
    what cant wait till the weekend is over with?

I'm hoping to hear about some BIG fish!

Well some good news and some bad.

Good news first,
    Halojim took second place nehind Vance in the kokes. Great job guys.

Bad news not to many big fish, first was 3.97, 3.94 was Rob and fifth was like 3.02.

We caught a ton of fish probly 60-70 lot in the 2#-2.9
    Good job everone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown bear View Post
    Well some good news and some bad.

Good news first,
    Halojim took second place nehind Vance in the kokes. Great job guys.

Bad news not to many big fish, first was 3.97, 3.94 was Rob and fifth was like 3.02.

We caught a ton of fish probly 60-70 lot in the 2#-2.9
    Good job everone.
    At least Rob can brag that he beat Alvin. LOL

Thanks for the results!!!!!!!!!!

I think after Saturdays weather at buckboard I'm going to re name my boat the Time Bandit. I think I can now safely fish the Bearing Sea. Here is pic of the 2nd place fish. It was .03 lighter than the once Vance weighed but 1 1/2 inches longer. Caught on a rocky Mountain Fushion dodger and a Mojo Melon squid in 15ft water at 1.4 mph. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011 villa second place 2.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	2540
    Rocky Mountain Tackle

Congrats again Rob,great weekend on the deadliest catch, LOL, Sunday ended up nice, Vance also caught the second place lake trout tolling for kokes! 12 feet of water, and 35lbs. Yes the mojo melon kicked butt this weekend, lots of cookie cutter kokes. Good times. Super squids were effective all weekend at depths of 8-12 feet up to 18' being the most effective for us.
    Last edited by Kokaholic; 05-16-2011 at 08:00 AM.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

congrats to rob for a job well done;

Way to go Rob. Sounds like we might be another year from catching some bigger kokes.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Rob,
    And you talked all that smack about Pat and i out in the crap last year......not so bad when you get the check in the end.

Did you get to here why they are canceling the villa derby in the future? I was with about thirty people that just enough to drink, and they were LOUD!!

Thumbs up

Good Job Rob on the nice Kokes-How did the crab pots do ? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown bear View Post
    Rob,
    And you talked all that smack about Pat and i out in the crap last year......not so bad when you get the check in the end.

Did you get to here why they are canceling the villa derby in the future? I was with about thirty people that just enough to drink, and they were LOUD!!
    Didn't hear anything about cancelling the derby, but like you couldn't hear much where I was at. Spent most time dodging incoming objects from the rooftop.
    Rocky Mountain Tackle

Angry derby

good job Rob nice talking to you at the villa they said the dealing with state of ut was too big of a problem so they give up is what I take of it

That sucks!!!!

Sounds like we all had about the same success this weekend. Fish were plentiful. We caught fish all day from anvil to the Pipe in 15-20 ft of water using a 3/16 oz pinky pink Curlys, and also the chamelion trailed behind a dodger. 2-2.5 lbs was the range of the fish that we caught.

Special Thanks to Dirk from the Villa for all the many years of hard work him and his volunteers have put into the derby. The time these people have put into the derby to make it what it was and enjoyable to us all was astounding. Who knows maybe someone in the future will get it organized and continue it.
    www.curlyslures.com

Good Job Jim!!! It was a good 3 days for me. 70-80 kokes the best one was 3.5 on Friday. It was good to see everyone. I hope someone else picks up the derby next year. Hope to see everyone at the Buckboard derby. It would be nice to see 300 teams in it.

Good on you Rob, we got five fish over 30lbs the biggest was 34.9

It was my understanding the Villa boys are sick of dealing with UT. If that is the case and a fraction of us derby partisapants went to a RAC meeting to vocalize our discussed in the process. Its easy for us to make a change.........

I know we are all thinkiing the same thing, but what will we do about it????

Nice job to all the winners...It sounds like alot of us were doing about the same on the fish, lots of 2 to 2.5 lb fish. We fished in 8 to 12 feet with Kokanee Creek Shattered Dodger trailed with a Black Pearl Splatter Blade Spinner, and Silver Streak Dodger trailed with a Hot Orange Glow squid for best results. We also had fair sucess at 12 to 17 feet using a Purple Leapin Lizard Dodger trailed with Plum Deadly Splatter Blade Spinner and just about anything with Hot Orange or Hot Pink Glow squids. A first for me this trip was seeing a koke take the line forward towards the bow of the boat, just wondering if anyone else has ever seen on do that???

last year I hook up one that passed the boat it was strang to have to bring it back (front to back} we were doing 2+ mph and I couldn't keep him from passing us

Congrats once again Rob!
    I need you to explain the slime-out process to me.

Only heard of one boat dumped on the ramp at Buckboard but the WIND was the big story of the weekend.

I think we're not being told the WHOLE STORY behind the derby cancellation. Yeah, I heard the rationale right from the horses mouth but the 40 mile trip from Manila can be like the Indy 500 with FAST TRUCKS & TRAILERS. Throw in a bit of alcohol and I suppose there could be some serious consequences.

Maybe a break will allow a rebuild of new derby contestants?

Maybe there was an audit??

Maybe it was just time???

[QUOTE=SmokeOnTheWater;29041][B]
    Only heard of one boat dumped on the ramp at Buckboard
    /QUOTE]

I have a little first hand knowledge about this . All I can say it that alcohol and stupidity was involved.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast