Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Merwin 2011

Default Hacked

The site has been down latly because of a hacker. dont know what or who happen but the techs continue to work on it so site might be up and down more. But we are working on the big fix.

thanks
    Jason
    KFF Aministrator

Default Merwin

Fished Merwin with Mackprince and my son on Sat. morning from 6:30 - 10:00. Got 9 nice fish before the bite really died off. Most were caught between 40-55ft with a pink apex behind a watermelon dodger being the hot combo. This was most likely my last trip of the year up there, and it was another great season. From the crowded ramps and lights out days in early spring to the typical mid summerlull and now some really big late summer fish it's been FUN! Here was the biggest of the weekends fish...stretched the tape at a hair over 16"!

Nice fish!!

Im getting better at this but I can see I still have a bit to learn!! I took the kids out Sunday, we only fished from about 7:00 to 10:00 with 4 squaw fish and 4 smaller Kok's to the boat and only 1 in the net, The other 3 my daughter is still learning run the net so we had some miscommunications between the rod and net. Its all about the fun though!

I made what is likely my final Merwin trip of the season Wednesday 8-24. My girl and I fished from 6-7:30 before she got tired of the pikeminnows. One keeper koke about 13" within minutes of starting and then we worked over several schools with no luck aside from the baitstealing pikeys.

The lake is at full pool and at one point we counted 35 full length logs within view not counting the smaller deadheads and floaters. We even managed to find a huge bowed branch (about 12' long) that Jiggy and I saw Sunday. This time it tapped its way along the bottom of my boat just inches below water while we were trolling. Luckily I recognized the sound and was able to power off the motor before it came all the way back. Tight lines- Mack
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!

Smile

I fished Merwin on Wednesday and Friday. On Wednesday I caught five kokanee and eight squaw fish in 2 hr and 40 min. I only got one 14 inch kokanee. The others were next year's fish. They were, however, good size being 11, 11 1/2, 11 1/2 and 11 3/4. There should be some nice fish next year. Today was a different day. I got my line in the water at 0610 and 37 minutes later at 0647 I had five kokanee and a hit that did not hook. The fish were 14, 14 1/2, 14 3/4, 14 3/4 and 15 1/2. What is interesting is that on both days I fished the same area at 50 ft using a 1.0 silver scale apex and a lure of orange beads and a #2 silver spinner that I make. Forest Gump was right." Fishing is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get!" I got back to the dock about 7:40 this morning and there were only three other trailers. A couple more arrived before I left. I think that I will fish Merwin another two weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0300.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	3070   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0302.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	3071  

Just right for dinner!

Thanks for the great report, Kokecatcher!!

I played golf today instead of hitting the lake.

Next weekend for sure!

Peace, Tom

Smile

I fished Merwin yesterday, August 30. The early morning fishing was good. I got my line in the water at 0620 and had a limit at 0800. I lost three nice fish and had a couple of hits that did not hook. All fish were caught at 50 ft. I continue to use the 1.0 silver scale apex and an orange bead lure with a # 2 indiana silver blade that I make. I had an equal number of hits on each. The fish were not quite as large as last Friday. Two were 13", two were 14" and one was 14 1/2". There was wind Tuesday and whitecaps where I was fishing. Steering the boat and setting downriggers at the same time was not working very well so I motored west turned the boat around and let the wind push me about 1.1 mph. I repeated this several times. Best to let the wind work for you! The fish are still in good condition. Three of them had most of their scales. I will fish either on Thursday or Friday. Not many people are fishing. When I left about 0900 there were five trailers in the lot. The wind and whitecaps probably also kept the water vermin home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0305.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	3094  

Nice report, those sure don't look like late August fish! I may have to try and squeek one last trip in.

Nice report KC. It's hard to believe the fish aren't pink yet...
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234