Thread: Tica Rods

Default Tica Rods

Anybody out there using either the Tica KKHA or KLEA rods? I'm thinking of going to a 7'6" rod this season and was wondering how the Tica's measured up. Any information on a 7'6" rod would be helpful.

i looked at the them the other day at kokaneetackle.com's store and thought i bought one but ended up with the kufa, Im going to make another trip and get the tica next time.
    I just know stuff...

I've got a couple of KUFA's myself. Wife hates em' but they seem o.k. to me. Super light action......maybe a little too light.

Quote Originally Posted by jestfishin' View Post
    I've got a couple of KUFA's myself. Wife hates em' but they seem o.k. to me. Super light action......maybe a little too light.
    i like super lite action
    I just know stuff...

I have heard of alot of folks that Like the Kufa rods. I hope to give them a try this summer with one of our guys that have some.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Hi!

Been looking at and trying some new rods for Koke fishing.
    Got to swing a 7' Lamiglas MBS702UL Kokanee spinning rod the other day and liked the weight, feel, and limber action.

Any one out there have one?
    Would like to know what you think about it?

SeaDog

I picked up a Tica KLEA to fill a spot amongst all the other koke rods with a super ultra light trolling rod. Or to annoy my wife who thinks I already have too many rods. And a nice Tica CT for it as well.

I bought a Vance Spiral Wrap Rod from KokaneeTackle.com last week, can't wait to try it out. The folks at KokaneeTackle.com are Great.

HA! Come on you bums, focus, focus FOCUS! What about these Tica rods??

Quote Originally Posted by jestfishin' View Post
    HA! Come on you bums, focus, focus FOCUS! What about these Tica rods??
    Like i said i looked at them and tested them and will be adding one to my arsonal. SO....... i dont think you can go wrong
    I just know stuff...

I just got my new Cabelas tourney trail light line trolling rod today. It is a little stiffer than my Vances rods, which I love for downrigging, but not for planer board or flat linning. I bought the 8 footer, and it is a telescoping rod. It seems like it's the rod I have been looking for forever, soft tip with some backbone, and only $70.00. I cant see spending more than that for a trolling rod. You dont cast them and you really never touch them other than to let line out or reel fish in. This rod is meant to use 8 to 12 lb line and the butt is not overly long like some trolling rods. We shall see how it does in a couple of weeks at the Gorge.

I haven't tried the Tica rods but I am looking forward to trying out the new rod I just bought. I just picked up a new Okuma Celilo rod called Kokanee Pro. I'm thinking it will be a fine addition to my already too many rod collection and will make either a nice trolling rod or a nice jigging rod. It's just about the way I like 'em, nice and stiff for a light weight rod with a nice supple tip to help keep it from feeling like a club. And the best part was the price, easy on the wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by skookum9 View Post
    I haven't tried the Tica rods but I am looking forward to trying out the new rod I just bought. I just picked up a new Okuma Celilo rod called Kokanee Pro. I'm thinking it will be a fine addition to my already too many rod collection and will make either a nice trolling rod or a nice jigging rod. It's just about the way I like 'em, nice and stiff for a light weight rod with a nice supple tip to help keep it from feeling like a club. And the best part was the price, easy on the wallet.
    i just got one of them rods to. cant wait to try it out
    I just know stuff...

I have a klea 7.5 that i used last year it's a good super lite rod it handled kokes up to 4.5 lbs but on a 5 lb koke it was to lite my jj or my ulgy stick lite 7.' did a better jod on big fish

I own several KLEA rods and love them. They have a great ultra-light action for a reasonable price. I highly recommend them. If you want to spend a little more check out the Lami GC792UL. Made from a G1000 blank, it has more backbone but is super sensative.

Smile

[QUOTE=Kokaholic;26803]I have heard of alot of folks that Like the Kufa rods. I hope to give them a try this summer with one of our guys that have some.

Who would that be Mark? you will need to bring a couple of your JJ Red rods I want to try them. I do love the Kufa's though.

What is a Kufa?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    What is a Kufa?
    A city in Iraq

I got mine from Crystal Basin Tackle I think they are on that site. They were also on Kokaneemart. They handle the big fish (4#plus) out here at the Gorge very well.

[QUOTE=Brown bear;26958][QUOTE=Kokaholic;26803]I have heard of alot of folks that Like the Kufa rods. I hope to give them a try this summer with one of our guys that have some.

Who would that be Mark? (quote)

That would be you!!!! Yes, have red rods and will bring them along, gonna be a fun summer at FG!
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

The kufa rod I designed about 4 years ago for kok/tout fishing some have even use it for steelhead. It is an 8' casting rod with 12 eyes and soft top but has some good back bone they retail for 80 and most everybody that fishes the rod has ended up getting another one. Hope this little bit helps out............Tight line
    www.crystalbasintackle.com