Thread: Ririe Res. Ice Free???

Default Ririe Res. Ice Free???

Is Ririe Res. ice free yet! I'm ready to drag some Koke lures!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

I plan on checking this weekend. I will get my boat out of storeage next weekend and get ready to FISH. Won't be to long now!

Default surface water temperatures

So until the water warms up are we going to find them closer to the top.

Early in the season last year, I would find them between 30 ft and right on the surface. They will be at multiple depths and it changes through the day.

Early in the season I topline with 150' setbacks and run my planer boards off the side of the boat when I want more than 3 rods in the water. It's a blast watching them do acrobatics behind the boat!

Early in the season you are bound to have a koke pull the line out of your hand while you are trying to get it in the DR clip. Always a thrill to feel it get tugged out of your hand!
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Early in the season I don't even put the riggers in the water. A lot of times you have a fish on before you have your set back out.

Well that does it, all this talk about catching. Uncover the boat get the poles ready and buy some chips for the smoker, oh don't forget the corn.

I want to get my boat out as well. I have a new Airmar P66 transducer to install and I want to fix my rear carpet panel on my transom cover. This year should be a lot better than the last with a good crop of large 3 year fish!

Default Does anybody fish Palisades?

I understand Palisades has Kokanee and a very nice Campground. Has anybody been Kokanee Fishing there? Or stayed in the Campground?

Go to the camp ground by driving across the dam. There is one in front of the dam and that is where your dump station is. Keep your camping permit if you camp up on the west side across from the dam and your dumping is free at the dump station. It is a natural tank additive dump only. Its pretty nice at the camp ground across the dam.

There is a boat launch there and when the water is up your are on concrete and there are nice docks.

I have not fished for the kokes up there. However they are not real plentiful and and I do not know what size they run for sure. I usually hunt the browns in palisades. Bigger fish. There are also Mackinaw in there.

Good luck,
    Last edited by gonefishing; 03-20-2011 at 08:51 PM.

There is a nice boat ramp at Blowout and a camp ground. I have never hooked any kokes while fishing at Palisades