8 29.63%
  • Lake Merwin

13 48.15%
  • Yale Lake

12 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Northwest KFF Family Day 2011

I plan on making the trip again this year. I will be at Beaver Bay Camp Ground the 23rd thru the 26th. I will bring the better half.

I will sure try to attend. Couldnt get in the Merwin park two yrs ago and was out of town last year.

Just a quick roster check:
    MackPrince
    Kokonuts
    DLM
    Get n' Jiggy
    Koke-n-a-smile
    King Koke
    Koke Hunter
    Woodcanoeguy
    Carvingfish
    Lowe1648mt

Please add a post if you are planning on attending June 25th. Mmm, pot luck, story swappin', and fish floppin' I can't wait. -Mack
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!

Food and fish, I WILL BE THERE !

Just saw this......at this point that week end looks free. I would love to come and learn more, and my son, well he would remember any bit of advice any one would share with him, he is a fishing fanatic! It sounds like a good time! I'm not sure I can talk the wife and daughter into tagging along but at this point count on at least 2 here.

Its Getting Closer!! I am looking forward to meeting all of you at Yale Lake on the 25th!!
    I was fishing with Kent Cannon at the Lake Stevens Derby last weekend & He has given me 2 of his new books "Kokanee Obsession" to give away on Family Day!! His book is full of new info & Kent is a great guy to fish with! Check out his site at: www.kentcannon.com

Kokonuts.......
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

William Dewey and kok fishing buddy from Eastern Washington Don Erickson
    will attend and fish both lakes.
    William Dewey
    "Kokanee Bill"

I'll be there

Looks like we have a great size for the gathering. Now comes the commitment part. Don't worry no rings attached, just a tentative pot-luck offering list.

First -I'm opting for sandwiches and pot luck sides since even though I love to grill, with a group this size someone will get stuck cooking while everyone else mingles. Is this okay?

We'll need:
    • Plates
    • Utensils
    • Napkins
    • Bread/Buns
    • Lunchmeat
    • Condiments
    • Chips
    • Desserts
    • Salads
    • Other

Drinks are BYOB unless you'd like to share. The park is 'dry'.

Second - If you have an open seat, we may have some takers.

Thank you to Kokanee Creek Tackle Company, Vance's Tackle, and Bugeye Lures for your support.

Please post what you are willing to bring to what my wife refers to as my "party." Woo hoo, it's just three weeks away!
    -Mack

Default Yale Lake Family Day

The June 25th Family Day Is getting close!

We need to know who is comming and how many people in your party, also what you are planning to bring for lunch.

Send a PM to Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

Kokonuts and I just connected and after getting some feedback from some of the group here is the plan...

For the picnic we will get a meat and cheese deli tray from Costco, condiments, bread and chips, etc. To help cover the cost we'll have an honor system jar for collecting $3-4.00 each. Please bring your own drink. If you would like to bring a salad/dessert/treat that would be great.

Please PM me or Kokonuts soon so we can get a count of how many people will be attending.

Thanks

sounds great. What are the time of this? sorry if i missed it some where.

Quote Originally Posted by yimmee View Post
    sounds great. What are the time of this? sorry if i missed it some where.
    12:00 - 2:00pm Picnic

Park opens 5:00am closes at dusk

The wind often starts at sunrise and lasts until about 9:00. If it's choppy when you get there don't be discouraged

Unfortunatly I will not be able to attend. I had started making plans to be there and was just about to let you know I was coming, now find out I will be out of town on business all that week and Saturday. The only good part about that is that the business takes me to Reno. Always a silver lining I guess.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Quote Originally Posted by MackPrince View Post
    12:00 - 2:00pm Picnic

Park opens 5:00am closes at dusk

The wind often starts at sunrise and lasts until about 9:00. If it's choppy when you get there don't be discouraged

Great........Wind is my worst enemy right now, my current set up is virtually impossible to deal with more than a nice breeze. Oh well....it still beats a good day at work!

I will be able to attend, look forward to meeting everyone.

Looks like I am in as planned. I am moving to a home just a few miles from Yale so after the get together I can leave the boat at the new place and say I was "moving it". I haven't had my boat out this year so I hope my batteries and such won't let me down. If my boat has any issues I will at least be there to meet everyone at lunch time. I will bring cookies and try to get there nice and early. I fly in the evening before after working away all week so not much time to prep.

See you there!

Russ

Default Got an early start

Seeing as how I had never fished Yale I thought I would give it a try today. We didnt get an early start today, my kids wanted to make me fathers day pancakes with their special Grist Mill flower so we didnt end up getting on the water untill about 9:30. The wind was kind of nasty but for once it actually helped me learn something. Faster was better than slower! With my current set up I dont have throttle control at the helm I just have the kicker tied to the jet out drive for steering. Rather than give up I fired up the big motor for a little extra push, in neutral I still travel at about 3mph. As soon as I gaind some speed the fish started hitting. I ran the big motor along with the little motor into the wind and cut back to the small motor going with the wind. Worked great! Then the wind died down for a while so I went back to the small motor and we stopped getting bites. Long story short if we were in the fish and traveling 2-3 mph (on the fish finder) we didnt have time to even eat a snack it was . We had 3 doubles landed 17 lost at least 10 and threw a couple of small ones back. So the secret for the day was GO FAST! Cant wait for next week end to see how you guys that actually know what you are doing do it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yale 6-11 002.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	2660  

Quote Originally Posted by Mudinchev View Post
    Long story short if we were in the fish and traveling 2-3 mph (on the fish finder) we didnt have time to even eat a snack it was . We had 3 doubles landed 17 lost at least 10 and threw a couple of small ones back. So the secret for the day was GO FAST! Cant wait for next week end to see how you guys that actually know what you are doing do it.
    Interesting... What type of lure and terminal gear were you running?
    Last edited by SilverBullets; 06-19-2011 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudinchev View Post
    Great........Wind is my worst enemy right now, my current set up is virtually impossible to deal with more than a nice breeze. Oh well....it still beats a good day at work!
    I saw an earlier post about an open seat. Guess I'll See if I can find it for you. Beats sitting on shore because of wind.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullets View Post
    Interesting... What type of lure and terminal gear were you running?
    Back to the basics on this one, a small set of 4 blade lake trolls worked the best along with a red wedding ring tipped with a worm. I was fishing 1 dodger and 1 lake troll and both were producing and then the dodger quit producing so I switched it over to a 4 blade troll and it started getting hits again. I was running leaded line with only 3 colors out so my best guess is about 15 feet deep at that speed. I re-tied all of my wedding rings with a double hook and used both hooks to keep the worm spread out. It seemed if the worm was gone so was the fish, I was going to try corn and gulp maggots but with action like that I couldn't bring my self mess with a good thing.

I've got plenty of paper plates and napkins.

Weather forecast is low around 50, high around 67, light winds of 5mph.

So for us "new guys" I assume most will be showing up sometime early in the morning and heading out on the water. Just wondering how we will know who is who, is there a secret hand shake, funny hats or some way to recognize people? Especially on the water, just want to make sure I use all five fingers to wave when I see ya.

I was thinking i was going to tape a little sign to my windshield withe YIMMEE on it. im in a tan smoker craft with merks on it.

Mudinchev - just for you I'll wear a blaze orange hat on the water in case we don't see each other before hitting the lake.

I'll be at the launch between 5-5:30 and will hang some KFF signs at the covered area. My green Armada aka "The Tank" is flagged with a KFF sticker and I'll be bummin a boat ride with Matt on his white North River with "Get'n Jiggy" on the side.

Kokonuts has a white Hewes with a mile long antena named "She's so fine." (not sure if King Koke will be with him or in his lime green v-hull)

Koke-n-a-smile has a boat similar to Yimee. (I think his is a 17 ft. Lowe)

Lowe1648mt has an olive green Lowe 1648.

We'll wave with all five fingers... as you troll by at 3 mph.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast