13 48.15%
  • Yale Lake

12 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Northwest KFF Family Day 2011

Default Northwest KFF Family Day 2011

Hi everyone,
    Kokonuts and I will start collaborating soon about planning this year's get together. This will be our third annual event for a day of comradare and story telling.

Last year we met the last weekend in June to give us a chance to try out some promos and add new favorites to the tackle box shopping list. In 2009 we met mid -July.

For curiosity's sake, would you rather plan a last weekend in June event again, or aim for a later July/early August gathering at Merwin or Yale.

- June gives a chance to hear some tips mid season.
    - Late summer has bigger fish.
    - Yale - Daily limit 15, avg size 11-15" (Usually the less crowded lake because it's 10 minutes further down the road)
    - Merwin - Daily limit 5, avg fish in July 13-18"

I'm burning the midnight oil with more grad school for now, but come May 6 my term will be over an I'll be able to put some time into the prep work.

In any event we hope you can join us. It's always a great day of filling open seats, swappin "true" tales of fish gone by, and hanging out with family and new friends pot-luck style.
    -Mack and Kokonuts
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!

Default Northwest KFF Family Day

I cant wait for the season to start!!

I think having the Family Day in June at Yale Lake is a great idea, we have plenty of time to plan, test all the latest gear & even catch a few before then!

Be sure to vote & spread the word !

Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

Last Saturday in June works best for me. I have never attended one of these before but it sounds like fun and would like to fit it in to an already hectic summer schedule.

Don't forget the derby dates for those that like to partake in that action.

GP June 11
    Wickiup July 23
    Odell August 20.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Late June at Yale sounds good. Looking forward to it again this year!

I will do my best to attend if at all possible! I cast my vote and will sit back and wait. Let's see...do I want to fish in a beautiful place, in great weather conditions, with like minded (fish nuts!) folks...you bet!!!

Hows camping around yale lake ?

I'm in for the last Sat in June too. Hopefully this year we can catch more fish! I look forward to seeing everyone again.
    When you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras...

Default Camping at Yale

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy43 View Post
    Hows camping around yale lake ?
    There is a small camp ground at Couger. it's just east of town. A few miles further is a larger camp ground. that is the one Iv'e used. It's at the other end of the lake from the dam. Last years meeting site was about in the middle of the lake.

Default Campgrounds

There is another real nice campground at the upper end of Lake Merwin and its about 1 mile from the Dam & Launch ramp at Yale Lake. That way you could fish both lakes if you have the time. Sorry I cant think of the name of it but its the only overnite campground at Lake Merwin.

Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

Kokonuts, you are thinking of Cresap Bay campground. That is a nice campground, with a pretty decent launch site. Directly across from the entrance is Beaver Bay, which is another launch site for Yale, but I haven't used that one. I can't wait to get out there

I vote for all the above.

ment to vote merwin only

June date is good to get more people involved as well as training time. Later dates due to the larger Pink season coming up could take away a lot of numbers.

last saturday in june works for me, i like merwin. But i will fish anywhere

Sounds like fun.......

thanks on the come back on campgrounds I vote for late june

I vote for late June at Yale it was good last year.

Default June

June sounds good to me, although I have to check my work schedule as sometimes things come up. I would like to come and meet everyone.

Thanks

Can't make it in June. Will be at Paulina!!

Looks like the last Saturday in June wins. Grad school is over for the summer, so stay tuned for more details!

Default 3rd Annual Northwest KFF Family Picnic

I was able to connect with Kokonuts today, and in light of the tight voting for location we decided on Yale Lake, June 25th.

Two years ago we tried a gathering at Merwin (Speelyai) and half of the people were unable to get into the park because of a full parking lot and tight camp hosts. Last year we had a wonderful time at Yale and enjoyed the relaxed park and ample parking.

For anyone who can make it, this will be a great time for all. Families are welcome and often there are empty seats that are waiting to be filled. There is no official derby associated with this event, (at least not this year) but we may have some verified scales available and the focus is really on networking and swapping fish stories.

Yale has several camp grounds for those of you who would like to tent it, or there are some hotel options in nearby Woodland, Vancouver, or Portland. For more information on the lake, recreation and lodging check out www.lewisriver.com

The ramp at Yale Park opens at 5:00a.m. and we will gather at 12:00 for our pot-luck. I'm guessing that I'll be there no later than 5:30 to claim some tables and a covered area.

If you are planning to come please post a response so we can plan accordingly. -Mack and Kokonuts

Hey guys, thanks for putting this together! I will be there I will try and talk a few of my friends into coming too. Should be a great time, hopefully we can get a little sunshine!

We'll be there! Looking forward to it again.

As long as work doesn't get in the way I will be there. I will be living near Saddle Dam by that time.

count my son and I in

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast