Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: American Lake - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by eenakoK View Post
    I'll be out there tomorrow.. if you see a red starcraft (old) come and say hello.
    I'll be there tomorrow as well, white alumaweld talon see you on the water.

Default I'll be there in the Portabote!

Thanks to all for giving me a clue as to what to do tomorrow, Saturday.

I will be in the white "Folding" boat with my 15 yr old grandson.

Gosh, I hope he gets a lot of action, he needs the fun.

Good time to be unplugged from electronics and all that fills a kids time these days.

Come by and say hello if you see this boat, I will be out with my kids and my dad..

The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

Talking Our boat identities at American

And here's what the Portabote and I look like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Portabote Assembly Humiliation.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	2398  

Default Good Luck this weekend

Good Luck to you all this weekend. Some of us have to work!!

I was out Wednesday morning and got my limit, they have really liked a chrome dodger with green center and the usual Pink hoochie with DNA and gulp pink maggots. I only had this one rod go off on all 5 fish. Watch out for the Crew rowers!!! A Black Talon Alumaweld got ran into on Wednesday so keep an eye out if you see them coming!!!

I went again on Thursday and was the only boat on the lake other than the crew guys for an hour and landed one and lost a few. Had to get back to a sick and very due pregnant wife!!! Again all fish on that flasher. The other flashers i used were pink and copper which have worked in the past yet if the fish want something feed it to em!!!! Hope you all get your limits and hope the weather also improves for you!!!!! Fish On!!!!!
    Last edited by Duroboat Rider; 04-15-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Most of the time im in the kokanee dominators boat.

Beats your little boat.

OH YA!!!!

WELL......................................

Default I should of posted here to keep this going

16 Apr 2011 started 0600-1021, trolled next to the island and northeast started out trolling 18 feet on both riggers chartreuse squid hoochie with a 6 inch dodger tipped with pink Berkley’s maggot and DNA kokanee gel. On the other another dodger with a pink hoochie squid with a spoon tipped with the same stuff. My buddy and I caught our limit of 5 apiece. Trolling speed was .09 to 1.8 water temp 48.0 fish were caught between 70-80 feet of water. Most of the fish were caught on a faster troll 1.5-1.8 mph. We caught more fish today on the chartreuse than the pink. Also there were 4 fish caught early on free lining out the back 75 feet on the chartreuse between 6-7am. I’m going to try Alder again in the near future I'll let everyone know how I did.

Name:	photo8.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	2404  

Nice Job TrollNFisher! Those are some good looking fish. Intend to give it a shot tomorrow.

Smile American 4-17-11

I had to work today so I asked Kokanee_Slayer if I could get a seat from him on his boat 'cause he is a break of day guy! He picked me up from the North Park at 7 and I had my first bite within 5 minutes of getting in the water but it didn't stick. The Slayer that he is already had 4. Then we had to wait to either find them or for the bite to start again. Boats were all spread out so they may have had to do that to. We were done with our limits by about 9:15am. I caught a 14 inch trout to bring home. Thanks Koakanee_slayer!

Name:	American 4-17-11 003 samll.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	2407  

Very nice! I am glad that you were able to get out!

I launched at Russell Landing at 6:15 A/M and was to pickup Kokanee-Toni at the North Boat Launch at 7:00. So I figured what the heck I've got about 45 minutes or so to kill; might as well see if the fish are awake. Set up both rods on the riggers and was fishing by 6:30. Within 5 minutes had a double hook-up and 2 in the boat. I reset, dropped both riggers again and landed another 2 in short order. When Kokanee-Toni called from the boat launch at aprox 6:55, I had 4 Koks in the boat. We both caught our limit and were off the lake by 9:15.
    I was using my normal set-ups but Kokanee-Toni's hand made lures were knocking them dead. Toni, your Smoked Kokanee was delicious.

Great Morning on the Lake!!!

Name:	American Lake 04-17-11.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	2408  

Quote Originally Posted by kokanee_slayer View Post
    I launched at Russell Landing at 6:15 A/M and was to pickup Kokanee-Toni at the North Boat Launch at 7:00. So I figured what the heck I've got about 45 minutes or so to kill; might as well see if the fish are awake. Set up both rods on the riggers and was fishing by 6:30. Within 5 minutes had a double hook-up and 2 in the boat. I reset, dropped both riggers again and landed another 2 in short order. When Kokanee-Toni called from the boat launch at aprox 6:55, I had 4 Koks in the boat. We both caught our limit and were off the lake by 9:15.
    I was using my normal set-ups but Kokanee-Toni's hand made lures were knocking them dead. Toni, your Smoked Kokanee was delicious.

Great Morning on the Lake!!!
    Man talk about tearing them up, I'm looking forward to this weekend alreay.

Thanks and Good Luck TrollNFisher!!! If I make it out this weekend, it will probably be Sunday. I've got some major yard projects to do Saturday - Got to keep the wifey happy. LOL

Default American Lake 4/21

My wife said she wanted to serve kokanee for Easter dinner, and that is all it took to get me out on the water! I fished Tuesday and today, limiting both days. Tuesday I started about 10:00AM, fishing all over the lake at different depths and various colors trying to find some fish that would bite. Finally found the right combination and location; pink wedding ring behind a small 50/50 dodger just below the surface in front of the VA. I picked up my last fish at 4:00PM. Today I started at 10:30 AM and tried the same location and gear. Pink worked for a couple of fish, and then I switched over to a red/orange combination for the last few. I finished with 4 kokanee and a nice rainbow around 2:00 PM. Two good days on the water, and I can’t wait for Easter!!

Name:	American Lk 42111 003.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	2419  

Quote Originally Posted by Elrika View Post
    My wife said she wanted to serve kokanee for Easter dinner, and that is all it took to get me out on the water! I fished Tuesday and today, limiting both days. Tuesday I started about 10:00AM, fishing all over the lake at different depths and various colors trying to find some fish that would bite. Finally found the right combination and location; pink wedding ring behind a small 50/50 dodger just below the surface in front of the VA. I picked up my last fish at 4:00PM. Today I started at 10:30 AM and tried the same location and gear. Pink worked for a couple of fish, and then I switched over to a red/orange combination for the last few. I finished with 4 kokanee and a nice rainbow around 2:00 PM. Two good days on the water, and I can’t wait for Easter!!
    Welcome to the site! You found a great place to find information. Thanks for your report, I wil lbe out there on Saturday to see if we can get a few. Look forward to your future posts and pictures.

i guess the word must be out about American lake, i was the 3rd boat at the State launch at 6am, by the time i left there were 30 rigs there. i miss the good old days before the internet, now everyone knows when the fish are biting. Jim

Default see you all tomorrow on the water

Going out early so say hello and good luck tomorrow on the water!!!!!

Default Beautiful day on American

Got out on the water around 6 this morning only a few rigs at the launch. Fish were hot and heavy on top trolling a green hoochie w/spinner blade on top and chrome green flasher on all rigs. Hit 2 doubles right off was only able to keep one on each time while trolling the surface about 80 ft back behind the boat. Got to love that 2 rod endorsement!!!!

Landed two Trout one was around 18 inches yet wanted koks so they both got released, and as the sun came up I dropped the rods on downriggers to around 10 feet and bam bam two more koks for the limit and was done by 7:30.

Noticing the females after cleaning them are starting to also get some darker red meat. Looks like they are hitting the plankton bloom hard!!!!! Biggest today was around 15 1/2 inches.
    Last edited by Duroboat Rider; 04-23-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Default American 4-23-11

Got up at 5am but through multiple things happening didn't get on the water to 8am. Off water before 10am. LIMIT with Wannafish A Lures and Dee Diamond flasher or Bahama Mamma dodger.
    Rainbow 14 inches Kokanee's 12-13 inches.

I think I got all at about 26 feet.

Name:	American 4-23-11  1 800x600.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	2425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	American 4-23-11 800x600.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	2426  
    Last edited by Kokanee-Toni; 04-23-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: add pictures

So here is my first report. Got to the launch about 7:30, got boat in the water, while warming the motor I noticed that it looked like the strern looked to be sitting a little low in the water. I was sure that the plug was in. Got worried I had done something really dumb like stuffing it in the drain for the live bait well. So out of the water it came. Plug was fine, but when pulled there was a lot of water in the bilge. I did have the boat in the shop last week, maybe they let it get full of rain water. So back in the water and time to go fishing.

This was our first time fishing a new boat and first time fishing for kokes. Got the first one by the VA hospital. What a blast. We then started catching trout, fun but not what we were looking for. Wife got a koke later in the morning. We had 8 in the boat when we had to leave for the day.

After the last report, wife says we will be getting up earlier to hit the lake in the morning. If you see a silver 16 foot Alumacraft tiller stearing come on over and say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Duroboat Rider View Post
    Got out on the water around 6 this morning only a few rigs at the launch. Fish were hot and heavy on top trolling a green hoochie w/spinner blade on top and chrome green flasher on all rigs. Hit 2 doubles right off was only able to keep one on each time while trolling the surface about 80 ft back behind the boat. Got to love that 2 rod endorsement!!!!

Landed two Trout one was around 18 inches yet wanted koks so they both got released, and as the sun came up I dropped the rods on downriggers to around 10 feet and bam bam two more koks for the limit and was done by 7:30.

Noticing the females after cleaning them are starting to also get some darker red meat. Looks like they are hitting the plankton bloom hard!!!!! Biggest today was around 15 1/2 inches.
    Right on I'm there monday

Quote Originally Posted by Kokanee-Toni View Post
    Got up at 5am but through multiple things happening didn't get on the water to 8am. Off water before 10am. LIMIT with Wannafish A Lures and Dee Diamond flasher or Bahama Mamma dodger.
    Rainbow 14 inches Kokanee's 12-13 inches.

I think I got all at about 26 feet.
    nice fish and good report, I'm there on monday for sure

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast