Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: American Lake - 2011

Default Rain but hot bite

Well using this vacation to get out early while taking time to take care of my newborn girl. I got out around 6:00 all the fish were still on top and very aggressive again. Lines back around 80 feet. The koks were jumping very well this morning and looked like a hatch was going off.

Well got 10 koks in the smoker this morning after taking them out of the brine. Trying out a few receipes off this site. mmmhmm smelling good!!!!!

Sounds like a great morning at the lake.

Congrats on the new baby girl! It won't be long until she's outfishing you. :)
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!

Congrats on the new girl! Great report!
    The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

Quote Originally Posted by Duroboat Rider View Post
    Well using this vacation to get out early while taking time to take care of my newborn girl. I got out around 6:00 all the fish were still on top and very aggressive again. Lines back around 80 feet. The koks were jumping very well this morning and looked like a hatch was going off.

Well got 10 koks in the smoker this morning after taking them out of the brine. Trying out a few receipes off this site. mmmhmm smelling good!!!!!

Right on good report, I'm jealous I would much rather be fishing than at work. Once again congrats on the new girl, I hope the bite is that good this weekend.

Default And I thought the last two days were fast limits wow

Well, I decided to go out again for a third time in a row to see what happens. Got out on the lake and started fishing at 6 am. I baited, scented both rigs and let them both out at the same time put them in the rod holders and bam, bam. Landed that double. Got them both set up and Bam, one rod goes again and then the other one yet lost it. Ok thats three, Got a text from Troll Fisher checking to see if I was on the water and as I was setting up rigs and got them both out and again Bam Fish on one, o crap fish on the second both landed and done 20 minutes to my watch!!!

I was alone on north east side of the island. There were about 10 boats all around each other on the west side by the VA. Fish by me were all on Top no rigger needed, and no weight other than dodger. Both set ups had the new Vance Flashers we carry at Cabela's with Green center that is UV, Rocky Mountain Chartreuse Hoochies with Spinner, DNA scent and Pink Gulp Maggots. That is it simple set up and about 10 rod lengths back. Trolling around 1.5 to 1.6 water temp was 53 degrees. Shown below was the result two of the center fish measured at 15 inches!!! They are growing!!!! Hope you all do well this weekend!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koks.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	2495  
    Last edited by Duroboat Rider; 05-06-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Duroboat Rider,
    Thanks for the report! I'll be out there as usual over the weekend. Should be a good one 80% chance of rain and winds to 10 mph. Not ideal conditions but I have to go when I have the chance, being a weekend warrior. But Monday and Tuesday's weather is looking good, probably have to tow the boat to work so I can fish afterwards.
    Gotta stay tuned up for the Lake stevens derby!

See everyone on the water,
    Winterun

Quote Originally Posted by Duroboat Rider View Post
    Well, I decided to go out again for a third time in a row to see what happens. Got out on the lake and started fishing at 6 am. I baited, scented both rigs and let them both out at the same time put them in the rod holders and bam, bam. Landed that double. Got them both set up and Bam, one rod goes again and then the other one yet lost it. Ok thats three, Got a text from Troll Fisher checking to see if I was on the water and as I was setting up rigs and got them both out and again Bam Fish on one, o crap fish on the second both landed and done 20 minutes to my watch!!!

I was alone on north east side of the island. There were about 10 boats all around each other on the west side by the VA. Fish by me were all on Top no rigger needed, and no weight other than dodger. Both set ups had the new Vance Flashers we carry at Cabela's with Green center that is UV, Rocky Mountain Chartreuse Hoochies with Spinner, DNA scent and Pink Gulp Hoochies. That is it simple set up and about 10 rod lengths back. Trolling around 1.5 to 1.6 water temp was 53 degrees. Shown below was the result two of the center fish measured at 15 inches!!! They are growing!!!! Hope you all do well this weekend!!!!!!
    Man your about to make my ditch work come up with some bs excuse and go hook up to the boat and head to the lake! Those kokes are some colossal monsters.

SWEET nice looking catch thanks for the pics!

Default Bam X 10 On 7 May

Got a text from Duroboat rider at 0825 this morning and asked how I was doing on the water and I rolled over in bed and my wife said who was that. Yep I slept in, I’m thinking about going this afternoon. Asked if he wanted to go he said yea sounds good I’ll pick you up at 1500. 7 May 2011 started 1600-1730. trolled next to the island and northeast started out trolling 20 feet on one rigger one at 20 and another rod with a stacker at 10 both chartreuse squid hoochie with a 6 inch dodger tipped with pink Berkley’s maggot and DNA kokanee gel. On the other rigger another dodger with a pink hoochie squid with a spoon tipped with the same stuff at 11 feet. Then the last rod free lined out the back with the same stuff chartreuse in color. Here we go 4 rods and trolling away bam one goes, DUROBOAT got her in, bam another goes I start and hand it to duroboat as bam the third rod goes off. Who is driving? No worries there is only one other boat out here!!! Let’s rebait and put em back down. Here we go again a long story short BAM X 7 me and duroboat got 10 kokes in about an hour and 15 minutes. Trolling speed was 1.7 to 1.8 trolling with the wind saved some gas kicker was at an idle. Trolling into the wind 1.4-1.6, Water temp was almost 54, we picked up 4 or five freelining out the back I didn’t remember because it was action packed. Duroboat I had a great time looking forward to hammering them again next time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	2504  

Way to Go TrollinFisher and Duroboat Rider!!! Thanks for the Great Report!

Sweeeeeeet!

Default It was a blast!!

I had a great time with TrollNFisher he has a great boat set up and it was so nice to share the time on the water!!! With that type of action its great having someone ready with the net, re-baiting and watching the rods getting slammed!!! Those koks are getting hot!!! Hope everyone did well today!!!!

Default American Lake 05-08-11

Went Fishing with Kokanee-Toni today and that lady was on fire!!!! We launched ar 0630 and by 0730 she had her limit. I on the other hand struggled and didn't do nearly as well as the other times I've been out this spring I got my line wrapped my trolling motor prop and crackered a nice one right at the boat. I lost more fish this morning than all the other times I've been out this spring combined. Nonetheless, it was still a beautiful morning to be on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by kokanee_slayer View Post
    Went Fishing with Kokanee-Toni today and that lady was on fire!!!! We launched ar 0630 and by 0730 she had her limit. I on the other hand struggled and didn't do nearly as well as the other times I've been out this spring I got my line wrapped my trolling motor prop and crackered a nice one right at the boat. I lost more fish this morning than all the other times I've been out this spring combined. Nonetheless, it was still a beautiful morning to be on the lake.
    We did good!

Default 12 may

12 May 2011 started 0500-0800. Trolled next to the island and northeast started out trolling free lining a chartreuse squid hoochie with a 6 inch dodger tipped with pink Berkley’s maggot and DNA kokanee gel. On the other another dodger with a pink hoochie squid with a spoon tipped with the same stuff at 10 feet on rigger. Then the last rod free lined out the back I bought one of those vances copper and pink dodgers decided to give it a try and put a pink squid tipped with the same stuff, man she was hot. Me and my buddy caught our limit, but honestly there were a number of fish lost. On my two rods freelined out the back, I put the snubbers back on when we started, after talking to Duroboat rider he fished on Tuesday. The fish were very active they were trying every trick in the book to get off the line, some were jumping 3-4 foot out of the water. Trolling speed was slow this morning the water was like glass .8 to 1.2. Water temp was almost 54.4; we picked up 7 freelining out the back and 3 off the one rigger at 10 foot down. Two of the fish were at 15 inches and they are growing quick.

Default Another 5-12 report for American

Today the weather was nice. A little on the windy side and after the first shower, when I started fishing, it was partly sunny and the wind would die down and then come back. Got the little outboard to slow down enough to catch my 5 Kokanee. Fished from 10:30am-11:45am. Got 3 at 9-13 foot in 70 foot of water at the northeast side of the island. I got the other 2 in between the North Park Launch and the east point of the island. 82 foot of water 22 feet down. All were caught on Wannafish A Lure’s Bloody Mary and a Pink Shasta Sling Dodger, of course with bait...Shoepeg Corn and Berkley Maggots, no scent. The smallest I got was 11.5 inches and the biggest was 14 inches! Good day catching. Now I have to mow the lawn. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kokanee-Toni View Post
    Today the weather was nice. A little on the windy side and after the first shower, when I started fishing, it was partly sunny and the wind would die down and then come back. Got the little outboard to slow down enough to catch my 5 Kokanee. Fished from 10:30am-11:45am. Got 3 at 9-13 foot in 70 foot of water at the northeast side of the island. I got the other 2 in between the North Park Launch and the east point of the island. 82 foot of water 22 feet down. All were caught on Wannafish A Lure’s Bloody Mary and a Pink Shasta Sling Dodger, of course with bait...Shoepeg Corn and Berkley Maggots, no scent. The smallest I got was 11.5 inches and the biggest was 14 inches! Good day catching. Now I have to mow the lawn. ;-)
    Right on Kokanee-Toni good catch.

Default American Lake 5/19/11

What a beautiful day to be out on the lake chasing kokanee! Perfect; sunny, warm, and only a slight wind. Fished from 0900-1230 and came home with a limit. I caught all about 15 feet down, straight-lined out 70 feet. I found that a hand made pink/orange spinner with a nickel blade, baited with Gulp maggots, all behind a 4/0 nickel dodger worked well.

It was a great day to be on the water, 2 of us limited in about 4 hours fishing at 35 feet down on pink squid behind uv Vance dodgers, also with Glup maggets....

Spent 6 hours on the lake with a long time friend...The weather was great and water temp around 60 however I only got one and had one hit...My buddy lost one at the boat...All in all the fishing wasn't great but we got the chance to reminisce about our past fishing trips as this was the first time in 20 years or so we fished together...

Quote Originally Posted by triple nickel View Post
    Spent 6 hours on the lake with a long time friend...The weather was great and water temp around 60 however I only got one and had one hit...My buddy lost one at the boat...All in all the fishing wasn't great but we got the chance to reminisce about our past fishing trips as this was the first time in 20 years or so we fished together...
    Quote From the movie Late For Dinner; "Half of fishing is who you're fishing with".

Unhappy Why is this lake so tough on me?

I was out alone two times this last week saw lots of fish on the scope and
    saw some fish caught, but me skunked. I tried everything that has
    worked for me at other lakes in the past and everything I have seen mentioned
    on this lakes forum and nothing clicked. In all my many years of fishing I do not remember being so discouraged. The speed indicator on my fish-finder was
    malfunctioning for the first time but other than that both days were a fine weather outing .I must admit I am not used to this kind of treatment. I need some help to get past my impediment.
    William Dewey
    "Kokanee Bill"

Pink squid with uv Vance dodger { 11 inch leader } seems to work for me, troll as slow as you can. We put 15 in the boat yesterday, lost quite a few, took 4 hours.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345