Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: American Lake - 2011

Default American Lake - 2011

I fished it on Monday, 21 Feb and didn't even get a bump. I threw the arsenal at them at various depths and nothing. The water temp was 44 degrees so it probably needs to warm up another 10 degrees before the action starts to pick up. Nonetheless, the lake was beautiful and it was great to get out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	American - 02-21-11.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	2245  

Default American Lake

We are so lucky to have this fishery close by.
    Just a fantastic Kokanee lake to enjoy.
    Larsencp and I have had many great days experimenting with numerous lures and dodgers.

We have been rewarded with some beautiful chuncky Kokes at American Lake.

Thanks, Sam I Am

Default afternoon at american

I will be working near there in april. Hows the late afternoon /evening koke fishn.

Fished American this A/M. Pretty Slow as the surface temp is only about 43 degrees - needs to warm up about another 10. Picked up two 13 inchers on the north side of Silcox. Beautiful morning on the Lake.

Name:	American -03-06-11.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	2286  

Right on bro
    First kokes of the new year

Good job Slayer. It's always a good feeling to get the "first one for the year".

Just a guess, but were the fish around 4-10ft deep?
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!

Kokanee_Slayer
    Thanks for the texts today! Congrats on the fish today! Good old reliable!
    The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

Good job Slayer. It's always a good feeling to get the "first one for the year". Just a guess, but were the fish around 4-10ft deep?
    Surprisingly, I hooked both fish at 25ft. I had one rigger set at 10 and the other at 25. I figured that if there were to be any hits, this early in the season, they would occur at shallower depths. Therefore, I was keeping a close eye on the 10ft rigger and almost dumped my coffee when I picked up the first one the other downrigger. LOL

Default American Lake 03-20-11

Launched at Daybreak and landed two Kokes between 7:00 and 7:30 on the North side of Silcox in about 80 ft of water. Size wasn't the greatest at between 11 and 12 Inches. Would have C&R'd them but both bleeders. Picked both up at 25ft on the riggers. Surface temp was at 44 to 45 degrees and as a result, the action is still a bit slow. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	American 03-20-11.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	2320

KS,

What kind of boat are you in again? I'm heading to the lake this weekend. I would have been there last weekend but I had to get my steelhead fix.

Good job out there! Some of my earliest Kokes are from the first week in April. Maybe I can get a March one!

Winterun

Talking 3-23-11 Limit

I got my limit today from about 12-2:30pm. Most caught at 11 feet in 60-80 feet.

Name:	limit.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	2326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kokanee rig.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	2327  

Toni - Very nice! Thanks for sharing the report and pics! I can't wait to get out there now! See you out there!

nice fat footballs. must be lots of feed early.
    water temps sure not rising yet.

here piggy piggy piggy, come taste my hoohie
    I take my Omega 3 one Koke at a time. 5 Kokes a day keeps the fisherman happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterun View Post
    KS,

What kind of boat are you in again? I'm heading to the lake this weekend. I would have been there last weekend but I had to get my steelhead fix.

Winterun
    Winterrun, I'm in a 12ft red Lund - maybe I'll see ya out there. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kokanee_slayer View Post
    I hear that 12ft catches BIG kokanee

Nice fish, I might hit american tomorrow weather dependent

Default American Lake 03-26-11

Launched at 7 and fished till 10 A/M. Threw almost everything I had at them at various depths and not even a bump. It was raining pretty steady the entire time which may have been a factor.

Default American Lake update

27 Mar 2011 started 1230-1700, trolled next to the VA and northeast started out trolling 17 on one and 19 off the other rigger pink squid hoochie with a 6 inch dodger tipped with pink Berkley’s maggot and DNA kokanee gel. On the other another dodger with a green hoochie squid tipped with the same stuff. Caught 3 kokanee aTrolling speed was .09 to 1.8 now here is the thing I know everyone wants the water temp, yep I got the fishfinder working water temp was 47.3. I caught all three fish at the faster move at about 1.7mph today, fish were caught between 70-80 feet of water. Fish are becoming very active and jumping everywhere marked lots of fish just had lockjaw. They are also putting a little fight with the warmer temps.

Name:	kokes.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	2343  

Quote Originally Posted by TrollNFisher View Post
    27 Mar 2011 started 1230-1700, trolled next to the VA and northeast started out trolling 17 on one and 19 off the other rigger pink squid hoochie with a 6 inch dodger tipped with pink Berkley’s maggot and DNA kokanee gel. On the other another dodger with a green hoochie squid tipped with the same stuff. Caught 3 kokanee aTrolling speed was .09 to 1.8 now here is the thing I know everyone wants the water temp, yep I got the fishfinder working water temp was 47.3. I caught all three fish at the faster move at about 1.7mph today, fish were caught between 70-80 feet of water. Fish are becoming very active and jumping everywhere marked lots of fish just had lockjaw. They are also putting a little fight with the warmer temps.
    Nice report! That fish is a fatty! Thanks for all the detail! Heading out there on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by TrollNFisher View Post
    27 Mar 2011 started 1230-1700, trolled next to the VA and northeast started out trolling 17 on one and 19 off the other rigger pink squid hoochie with a 6 inch dodger tipped with pink Berkley’s maggot and DNA kokanee gel. On the other another dodger with a green hoochie squid tipped with the same stuff. Caught 3 kokanee aTrolling speed was .09 to 1.8 now here is the thing I know everyone wants the water temp, yep I got the fishfinder working water temp was 47 .3. I caught all three fish at the faster move at about 1.7mph today, fish were caue boat by ght between 70-80 feet of water. Fish are becoming very active and jumping everywhere marked lots of fish just had lockjaw. They are also putting a little fight with the warmer temps.
    TrollNFisher,
    Were you in a North River launching at 12-1230 or so? You came over and talked to us as I cleaning my fish on the beach? Nice boat by the way!

Yeah we caught all our fish trolling a little faster also, 1.2mph to 1.6mph. Not by choice though, my new kicker is a high thrust model, so it was basically a shake down down run with it to see if I could catch fish with it. But I'm going to get a slower prop for koke fishing, and keep the high thrust for Puget Sound and Sekiu.

See you out there!
    Winterun

Quote Originally Posted by kokanee_slayer View Post
    KS,
    I'll keep my eye out for you!

I'm in a blue 16ft Smoker Craft Osprey.

Take it easy!
    Winterun

TrollNFisher,
    Were you in a North River launching at 12-1230 or so? You came over and talked to us as I cleaning my fish on the beach? Nice boat by the way!

Yeah we caught all our fish trolling a little faster also, 1.2mph to 1.6mph. Not by choice though, my new kicker is a high thrust model, so it was basically a shake down down run with it to see if I could catch fish with it. But I'm going to get a slower prop for koke fishing, and keep the high thrust for Puget Sound and Sekiu.

See you out there!
    Winterun
    Winterun thanks, No I wasn't in the North River although me and him were trolling side by side and behind him. I also talked to him on the water I saw he lost a couple but I don't know what he ended up with. I launched at Fort Lewis side. I have an 18ft Alumaweld Talon, yea Alumaweld came out with a new 18ft Talon new this year it has higher sides and bigger deck on the inside. I have a 60hp main merc and a 8hp kicker merc. The reason I was trolling faster for a few as I haven't piped my kicker into the steering yet so I shut it down because the rain was really coming down and trolled into the wind with the main motor until the rain stopped then switched back, but I stayed dry. I will look out for you on the water

KS,
    I'll keep my eye out for you!

I'm in a blue 16ft Smoker Craft Osprey.

Take it easy!
    Winterun
    Yea I'll keep an look at for you, look forward to meeting you.

I'll watch for you and if you see me out there, feel free swing by and say Hi. We plan to be out there Saturday.

So great to find this site! Boyfriend and I are heading out Saturday morning for our first attempt of the season. Fairly new to kokanee fishing so trying to figure it all out as we go. Been making some custom glow in the dark lures that we're going to run behind a dodger. Worked well for us last year. Does anyone know if the Military Rd. boat launch is open to the public and if so any details about hours and cost. Thanks and look forward to meeting you all on the lake. Oh we're in a 16 ft Smokercraft. Lorie & Joe

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast