Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucky Peak Kokes 2011

Mojo was with me and like he said..3 for 5. We went 1 for 3 where you were at and then we picked up 2 by the dam...one was just a little guy so we turned him loose.

Today is definitely not the day to be out there!

gg

We went 1 for 3 where you were and then got 2 by the dam...1 was a just a little guy....

Glad we aren't out there today for sure...
    Last edited by Mojo; 03-20-2011 at 09:31 PM.

We for some strange unknown reason decided to hit the water on Sunday.....Not a good idea!!!! The wind was horrible. Put 1 in the boat lost 3 and got off the water as fast as possible. Will have to try again next week.
    Lucky

I've been out trolling near the dam a few times over the last month or so, marking fish on the finder down around 50-60ft. All I am catching from those depths are trout though. Are you guys working shallow for kokanee this time of year?

-thanks

Default Sunday

Our boat hit the water Sunday morning with captain slime rocket at the helm. Landed 11 kokes and 1 trout that was thrown back. Fished by Lucky Peak dam around 25 feet, wedding rings and spoons.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20110327-00010[1].JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	2347  

Thats a nice start to your season.

Luckykoke,
    Did you pick them up early in the morning or later in the day?
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Nice haul Lucky!!

Went up this evening by the dam for a couple hours...only had one bite. Didn't mark many fish on the finder, the fish we saw were sporadic between 20-60 feet. Tried lots of tackle with no luck. Thought about running up the canyon a bit but every time we tried it was raining pretty bad so we stayed by the dam.

The fish were caught in the morning. Seemed to just shut off in the afternoon. Hope to hit the water again this Sunday!

Was on the water Fri by 10:30 or so and stayed out till about 3:30. Lots of fishing boats on the water but did not see a SINGLE net out all day. We threw everything we had at them but did not have a SINGLE takedown. Marked fish from 35 to 50 ft but not many. Great weather, sunny with just a little wind. I guess its always good to get the early season skunk out of the way. Hopefully the the first and last one of the season. I'll be back in a couple of weeks when the water and the bite warms up a bit.

Default 4/1

Was out on Friday, 4/1 from 12:30 until 7 we boated 3. Beautiful weather, I'm glad we got out yesterday the news is calling for 40 mph gusts today.

Me too.. First ever Skunk! Not even a trout. 10:30 to 6 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustache View Post
    Was out on Friday, 4/1 from 12:30 until 7 we boated 3. Beautiful weather, I'm glad we got out yesterday the news is calling for 40 mph gusts today.
    Nice avatar Mustache! "I dont know if you heard me counting but I did over 1000. I can barely move my right arm I did so many." Possibly the best movie ever created.

Dont forget to post an intro on the introduction board. Welcome to the forum!

Took my brother in law out on Sunday. It was fast and furious. Caught 12 in two hours, probably lost another 20. Twice all 4 rods were hit for us. Biggest fish was 16". Great day and great fishing for my brother in law who is from Omaha and hasn't really fished much. He had a blast and might become a Koke addict soon!
    Lucky
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice catch LK. Were the circumstances the same from your previous trip when you reported..."Fished by Lucky Peak dam around 25 feet, wedding rings and spoons."

Hi all, I'm a newbie to the forum.

Went out Friday (4-1-11) only had one bite in the 5 hours I was out, great day though. Went out again today from about 10:30am - 5pm. Very Cold and windy. Only a handful of boats out. I landed one nice 14.5", and a whitefish (threw it back). had about 3 more strikes but nothing else hooked. Sounds like most are being caught by the dams. I'll try that next time out.

Born,
    Downriggers were set at 18' and 23'. Found a school of them and just kept driving over them. The other boat by us was also catching fish.
    Lucky

Good call....hope the catching gets more consistent and the weather allows us to get out there sometime next week.

OK, so I guess I was being just a bit cocky (and not very smart obviously). I went out to LP on Sunday and hooked a Koke with-in 2 mins after dropping my line (about 15-20 ft), lost it at the net (by myself ya-know). kept trolling, for 2 hrs, not even a bite. Went back to the exact spot i hooked the first one, had four on within 10 mins. I'm in no way even close to knowing how to fish for these things, but I'll tell you what, if you get a hit or two, turn around and hit the same area again (a novice mistake I guess). ANYWAY, As I'm sure I'll see some of you there tomorrow (supposed to be a nice sunny day), I'll try again. ..........PS, I never went to the dam like I said I was going to do on my last post. That being said, anyone else hitting below Arrowrock ?

good luck to all! (exept luckykoke, seems he's got it down and doesn't need any luck. ) .....Just kidding luckykoke)

Default Great start to the season

I finally started my Koke season yesterday at LP with my friend and his son. The three of us brought home a total of 15. All were caught in the top 18 feet of water, with most in the 10 to 15 ft. range. Like Idahokanee just posted, if you find the fish stay with them. All but two were caught within 50 yards of each other. Most on homemade spinners. Pink and red being the go to colors.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Hit the water about noon today. Only a couple of bites in the first hour and a half or so. Tried lots of different colors, depths, speed, etc. Changed to red and the trout woke up but only boated one koke. Spent the day around Spring Shores. Couldnt find a honey hole like Luckykoke and Sawtooth have recently found. Theres always next week I guess

Ditto KokeJunkie, threw everything I had at them, boated 3, threw 2 back because they were very small, maybe 8". Day before (cold, windy and raining, landed 3 footballs, all over 14"). Come-on Spring!

Hit lucky peak today. got there around 8 and fished till 4. got 5 in boat lost 3. also got 2 trout. seems that the bite turns off around 1. any body else go up this week end

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast