Thread: Diver Duck Hunt

Default Diver Duck Hunt

I have been slacking on fishing lately but i made it out for a duck hunt up on the good old Bear river. The river is mostly locked up with up to 5" of ice in the slow spots but i got out the v'hull ice breaker and threw out a few dekes. Not long before ducks were diving in and i was shooting, and shooting mostly. I missed the first 3 or 4 shots and i can't count how many between. I shot over a box of shells between cripples, kills and flat out misses. Ended up with a mixed bag of goldeyes, hoodies, and a mallard.If I could find someone that likes eating duck i would go again but i think thats all i can eat for me. Heres a pic.
    kody
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duck%20hunt%2012-4-10.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	2129  
    Mack's Pro Staff

Duck hunting is alot of fun especially if your out there with about 3 boxes of shells and chasing feathers. Nice little group kill Kody. It doesn't seem right as warm as it has been here that we still got some ice. I was hoping for some soft water fishing nearby. Bear Lake might be the place to go.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

i dined once on duck pretty leathery for this cat although i guess they are good when prepared good
    live your dreams,love your life.

Bear lake fishes pretty good this time of , i think thats where i would go it i was gonna go.
    Mack's Pro Staff