Thread: Tv Fishing Shows

Default Tv Fishing Shows

I watch them,especially since I got WFN. Yall probably do too.But,I've got to think that Hades might be for avid fishermen to watch fishing shows and not be able to fish. Bass tournaments would be what got me.What do you guys think.
    Last edited by trollmonkey; 11-10-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Seems we miss out on a certain type of fishing when tuning into those shows. All about bass tourneys, panfishing, n pike or muskie, walleye, catfish, but only limited on certain salmon and trolling techniques. Tuning into these shows is like getting the weather channel and watching all east coast weather. It sucks. Some areas of the country have their local programs on outdoors but not always what you want to here.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

I know what you mean Bduck .I live in the south,"bass country",but I fish for trout and now kokes.We have a show out of upstate SC that does local area programs and occasionally trolls for trout. The bad thing is he is a guide and the camera angles just show the back of the boat not much setting and scenery.I think he is trying to keep his spots a secret,guess I can't blame him.I would love to see some shows with more of a coldwater focus.There was a Gander Mtn episode on the Gorge but they only showed them catching one or two,of course one koke went 4lbs.If any one has links to showson koke or trout fishing pass them on.

check out Hooked on Utah on Youtube. There are a few Gorge trips and some other Utah waters. You can "Youtube" just about any kind of fishing and get many results. I have WFN and I agree, it just doesn't apply to Koke fishing. Although I like Mariko Izumi...she's a cutie !!

Thanks for the info jackson ,the Utah site has lots of good shows.WFN needs more Mariko and less Dave Mercer

About the closest thing to having some Kokanee and other fishing is from Angler West TV..

http://www.anglerwesttv.com/

Forget about Justin holding that bass as they do all species and cover Trout and Kokanee derbies too. You may not get it on your cable though.

Kevin
    Kokanee Adventures from above and below...
    www.youtube.com/hitechkoke

Thanks for the link hitech,there looks to be lots of good stuff on Angler West.Also thanks for sharing your great fishing footage with us.The under water video makes me wonder whats happening behind my weight.

You'll even get to see a few members from here on the show. FallRiverGuy had an excellent Kokanee Fishing episode on Wickiup with Gary Miralles of Shasta Tackle. Glad you like the videos...the U/W videos can make you re-think your strategy a bit as I know it has helped me be a lot more active with lure sets.
    Kokanee Adventures from above and below...
    www.youtube.com/hitechkoke

I don't know how many of you watch Utah's roughing Outdoors,but Sat nite's program,featured two of our members. Both Ryno and Fishely were on the program. They were talking about the burbot program at the gorge. It seem's that there will be a week long burbot derby this Jan. The derby also have a tagged burbot worth some big money. The Wyo g and f and the Utah DWR have been doing Gil net studies for burbot. The technology they are using is way cool. Implanting the fish with very small sensors ,as a way to learn more about the habits of the burbot on the gorge. Anyway way to go Ryno and Fishely.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Default Angler West on WFN

Don't know when it got there but WFN has Angler West.Sweet! Already saw a show with Gary Miralles and Ron Campbell at Wallowa and another with Gary Coe and Cal Kellog on Berryessa. Man, Coe is a koke catching machine and He had some interesting tips.
    Last edited by trollmonkey; 04-16-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Another great show is "The Joy of Fishing". Primarily an Oregon show, but has done some stuff in BC and even Russia. Local guy, all filmed in HD, great photography.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Thumbs up

On the WFN, I like the "Lunkerville" guy. He just goes fishing with us norms and has them guide him around and share our techniques. He also has a great sense of humor, especially when he is around some of the self center pros. He is welcome on my boat anytime, definately a good guy.

Well, when all you guys get boring, I've found out we can watch Angler West episodes on our computer. How will I ever get any work done? LOL!
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Well, when all you guys get boring, I've found out we can watch Angler West episodes on our computer. How will I ever get any work done? LOL!
    I've watched the one with the guy who is the Pres. of Kokanee Power fishing at Berryessa about 4 times now.
    It says he has won more Koke turnies than anyone. I hope he is still not competing. I can't help but feel he has an unfair advantage and there is a conflict of interest there. The guy who is in charge of planting the fish is able to compete in catching the fish?

Sad thing about joy of fishing is they haven't had a new show in years. Guess one of the crew got seriously sick or something. It used to be my favorite show and I would actually set aside time to watch it. I love the columbia giants episode and the portland springer episodes. As these are the two types of fishing i have done the most in my life. Angler west is by far my favorite now