Thread: Five kokanee lakes in utah

Default Five kokanee lakes in utah

I've known about the four main kokanee lakes in Utah for years but a few weeks back a new one was brought to my attention. I'm sure some of you are thinking East Canyon but the lake I am writing about is Stateline Res. Has anyone ever gone there to target the kokes?

Actually there are six koke lakes in UT that still holds Kokanee
    of course you all know of the Gorge and Strawberry and most know about Causey and Porcupine now the two quieter lakes are
    Stateline and Moon lake its to bad about East canyon wish they where still there.

Moon lake is ok it also has or had grayling in there but the kokes are on the small side 10's maybe a little more and the lake is pretty decent size.

Stateline is supposed to have a little bigger kokes but not by much 12's and its about the same size as the porcupine thats all i know about that lake wish i new more hope it helps
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeReaper77 View Post
    Actually there are six koke lakes in UT that still holds Kokanee
    of course you all know of the Gorge and Strawberry and most know about Causey and Porcupine now the two quieter lakes are
    Stateline and Moon lake its to bad about East canyon wish they where still there.

Moon lake is ok it also has or had grayling in there but the kokes are on the small side 10's maybe a little more and the lake is pretty decent size.

Stateline is supposed to have a little bigger kokes but not by much 12's and its about the same size as the porcupine thats all i know about that lake wish i new more hope it helps
    DJ
    There are still a few Kokanee in East Canyon.
    I know someone that caught one up there about 3 weeks ago.
    I wish that the Kokanee would come back there but then I don't know how much trolling I want to do with all the skiers and jet boats that buzz you there.

I am new to fishing for kokes. Caught one a few weeks ago in Strawberry and they now fascinate me. Like I said I know nothing however. I will be unable to get up to Strawberry again for another couple of weeks. How long into the fall can you catch them. Any suggestions for a rookie? Strawberry is the most the closest lake to me so I would like to concentrate my efforts there. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Default Strawberry Kokanee

Quote Originally Posted by David J. View Post
    I am new to fishing for kokes. Caught one a few weeks ago in Strawberry and they now fascinate me. Like I said I know nothing however. I will be unable to get up to Strawberry again for another couple of weeks. How long into the fall can you catch them. Any suggestions for a rookie? Strawberry is the most the closest lake to me so I would like to concentrate my efforts there. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    David J, Hi and welcome to the forum.. The wife and I have been fishing for the elusive Kokanee for 10 seasons now. They are indeed intriguing, and fun to pursue. Welcome, the attched article( Kokanee3.pdf.zip ) is the most informative kokanee article I have ever seen, a good base to start from. Try some tackle from RMT (rocky mtn tackle) in pinks and oranges. Don't neglect having some 1.5" UV orange or pink Apex lures as well. As the Apexes have their own action, I use the leader with the package at about 24" usually. Good Luck, we'll see you on the water next year, Tail Dancer is docked in "A" dock at strawberry marina all season. We normally fish Tue-Thur noon each week.
    Attached Files Attached Files