Thread: Spiral Wrap Kokanee Rod

Default Spiral Wrap Kokanee Rod

Greetings KFF experts!

Does anyone have any experience with the Spiral Wrap style rods? Specifically, I'm looking at one marketed by Vance's Tackle - 7'6" 2 piece.

Any thoughts/experience reports would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Ken
    Ken Price

16' G3 / 115 Yamaha / 8 Yamaha Kicker / 2 Cannon DR

I have two of them and really like them. On smaller fish you don't notice much of a difference from other rods, but at Wallowa I caught larger fish on both types of rods and the Vance rods did not want to twist in my hand at all.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

I've been useing the 7'6" 2 piece Vance's Spiral for the last few years now and am very pleased with it. The rod has great action. I especially like the way it loads up when fishing with downriggers.

I purchased 2 of Vances Spiral Wrap rods this year and really enjoying there performance. Also have 2 of Jared Johnsons signature kokanee rods. I'm enjoying the use with both of these rods.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Spiral-wrapped rods are the trick for downrigging.The spiral is especially good on very light action sticks.I've built my own for years.The Vance rods look really nice on their site and are a great value ,if I didnt build I would definately buy a couple.

I also have 2 of the Vances rods ( sorry Jared !!) and I love them for downrigging. They are a bit soft for flat lining or used with planer boards.

saving my pennies. this will be my next rod ive been wanting one for 3 or 4 years, I've used all the others
    I just know stuff...

I picked up one of Vance's rods at the Portland Sportsman show. It is a great rod, and I would recommend one to anyone looking at buying a new rod.

Default Thanks!

Wow!

Thank you all so much. Intuitively, these rods seem to be just the thing. Having the benefit of experience from seasoned pros inks the deal. Tomorrow, it's off to our newest tackle shop here in Meridian - who I'm told will soon be an advertizer here on KFF.

Thanks again!
    Ken Price

16' G3 / 115 Yamaha / 8 Yamaha Kicker / 2 Cannon DR

Vance has 2 different Spiral Wrap rods for kokanee. One has a little more backbone made to handle some of the other larger fish up to 20lbs such as some of the Gorge lakers, rainbows. This rod I have and it does excellent for kokes.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Default Vance Spiral Poles

Great advice. I think i will have to get one also.