Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having difficulty mounting things to your boat?

Default V-Lock for my bow light

Finished my bow light installation this evening after work. Pre-dawn trips out of the marina will be bright now!

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

SuperD, most of the time people mount them to a vertical surface, but in some cases like yours it is necessary to mount them horizontally. One thing I tell people though is to check that the pull-pin is in tight periodically.

Do you suppose you could get a picture from behind the light looking down?

Also, I need your mailing address to send a free insert for the pictures.

Mike
    V-Lock

Wow thanks for sharing this product, I saw it and jumped to order mine! The V-lock has endless uses. Got plans for my GPS mounting, tackle rack (I use plano 3600 boxes so I can change out tackle from the different fishing I am doing. I plan on building a rack out of aluminum to hold the plano 3600's that will attach to the V-lock which will mount where you can get at your tackle easy and hold what you need that day. I get it done, I will post pics.
    This will make for quick change out of the boxes fof tackle I need for where I am going fishing .
    I build jeeps for off-roading (for fun) and the potential for mounting things from fire extinguishers, gps, high lift jacks, etc for easy fast access is amazing!
    I wish I would have thought of this!! Thanks again for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty1 View Post
    Wow thanks for sharing this product, I saw it and jumped to order mine! The V-lock has endless uses. Got plans for my GPS mounting, tackle rack (I use plano 3600 boxes so I can change out tackle from the different fishing I am doing. I plan on building a rack out of aluminum to hold the plano 3600's that will attach to the V-lock which will mount where you can get at your tackle easy and hold what you need that day. I get it done, I will post pics.
    This will make for quick change out of the boxes fof tackle I need for where I am going fishing .
    I build jeeps for off-roading (for fun) and the potential for mounting things from fire extinguishers, gps, high lift jacks, etc for easy fast access is amazing!
    I wish I would have thought of this!! Thanks again for sharing!
    Rasty1, you forgot to use the Kokanee.com discount code to get 15% off, I will go ahead and apply it since you found it from this site.

Everyone else reading this the offer ends June 1st.

Also, when you are not using your gear on the boat I made some slots in a 2 X 4 and put it on the wall in my garage and can drop any V-Lock attached gear in it for storage.

I plan on making something similar out of starboard that you could use on a dock or inside a storage locker. That way you do not have to buy extra base units when you don't need the rigidity of a base.

Mike
    V-Lock

Mike thanks for adding the discount, I thought I put it in but didn't do it.

Also great tip on storage, thanks.
    Mike

With a breakdown and weather restraints / bordom here is a picture of one side and some of the insert modifications I came up with. My play station; the other side not shown...... TL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stuff holders 006.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	1514  
    Last edited by twisted lines; 06-04-2010 at 07:44 PM.

TL, that is a pretty nice setup. Can you get a picture from the same angle with just the V-Lock bases? Also tell me from left to right what the applications are? ALso what is a TR-12 control?

Mike
    V-Lock

Thanks, the neat thing is it can be used in so many ways and I can put five rod holders on either side for using planer boards, in the picture I have from left to right rod holder, custom chilled corn and stuff holder, my dogs love to knock that stuff around when I forget to put it away. The TR-1 Control is for the Auto pilot; it was always under something when needed to change coarse or speed; Cured. The GPS holder at a angle below that so the Screen shows from several places I commonly move around to, and the dogs don't bounce them off the seats anymore. I have drilled very few holes in my 9 year old boat hate to do it, but these are so versatile it took the burden out of doing it. Thanks TL

Twisted Lines
    www.kokaneefishingforum.com
    Last edited by twisted lines; 06-06-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Default Pictures?

Hey TL; pictures would have been nice.
    Last edited by dubob; 06-05-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by dubob View Post
    Hey TL; pictures would have been nice.
    You guys are like girls give them a taste and they want more! I only have a few more ideas. TL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	custom 001.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	1530  

Quote Originally Posted by twisted lines View Post
    Thanks, the neat thing is it can be used in so many ways and I can put five rod holders on either side for using planer boards, in the picture I have from left to right rod holer, custom chilled corn and stuff holder, my dogs love to knock that stuff around when I forget to put it away. The TR-1 Control is for the Auto pilot; it was always under something when needed to change coarse or speed; Cured. The GPS holder at a angle below that so the Screen shows from several places I commonly move around to, and the dogs don't bounce them off the seats anymore. I have drilled very few holes in my 9 year old boat hate to do it, but these are so versatile it took the burden out of doing it. Thanks TL
    TL, can I use that quote on my website (I will need to put your name and location with it)?

Mike
    V-Lock

Quote Originally Posted by mwrowan View Post
    TL, can I use that quote on my website (I will need to put your name and location with it)?

Mike
    V-Lock
    If you would like! I fixed the spelling & added a location you can use; If its ok with the admin on this site? TL

Default V-Lock July 4th Special

Kokanee.com members get 15% off all orders today and through July 4th.

Enter Kokanee.com at checkout to get the discount.

Mike
    V-Lock

Default V-Lock New product - Storage Strips

For those Kokanee members who bought V-Locks and are trying to figure out how to store your gear after securing it to a V-Lock insert I have now an answer.

V-Lock Storage Strips

You can buy them in any length you need. Please let me know what you think.

Mike
    V-Lock

Now available in white powder coat

For comparison to the original anodized:

Mike
    V-Lock

People have asked many times about getting a V-Lock in plastic. Well I finally got it worked out and not just plastic but marine grade starboard.

There is a flat starboard insert but the aluminum inserts are 100% compatible.

Let me know what you think.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12