Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having difficulty mounting things to your boat?

Default Having difficulty mounting things to your boat?

Check out this product. Mount downriggers, bbq's, coolers, lights...., just about anything. Easy on, easy off. I've ordered one to mount my bazillion candle search light to the bow of my boat for night or per dawn navigation. I know somebody who has mounted Scotty downriggers on the bent insert model.

http://www.v-lock.com/
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Now that is Awesome, I bookmarked it to show Tortuga. We do have limited spots to mount stuff!!! I love it!!!
    Froggie

Thanks SuperD, for bringing the V-Lock to Kokanee.com.

I would like to offer a special 15% discounf on any order for Kokanee.com members through the end of May.

Just enter Kokanee.com at checkout for the discount.

Thanks again and I welcome questions and feedback on this new product good, bad or indifferent.

Mike
    V-Lock

Edited for bad URL

Looks like an answer for some of my problems! how tall are they so I can go start counting?

Mike is a great guy with a great product. Makes mounting and removing equipment from your boat very easy!

MM/Don
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Quote Originally Posted by mwrowan View Post
    I welcome questions and feedback on this new product good, bad or indifferent.
    Okay Mike, here’s a question. Can you provide a video of an actual downrigger in use on your product? Downriggers are heavy and would produce a lot of pressure on the lock, especially with a 10 or 12 pound weight suspended at depth. Ad a stacker and it would increase the stress somewhat.

I’m not trying to be negative towards your product, but I do have some reservations about it’s application for downriggers. I am very impressed with it's wide functional use.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Bob, guys are running kicker motors off of them. They can handle the weight. Your only reservation should be the substrate you are bolting it too.

Is there a mating part that goes with this v-block? I'm not following the design. I take that you mount the block to your boat through the counter sunk holes, right? what slides into the slot, and I guess locks in with the pull pin?

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNBAGGER View Post
    Is there a mating part that goes with this v-block? I'm not following the design. I take that you mount the block to your boat through the counter sunk holes, right? what slides into the slot, and I guess locks in with the pull pin?
    BB, there are 2 components to the V-Lock system, the base and the insert.
    You attach the base to your boat (or to anything really) and you attach your application to the insert.

Insert come either straight or bent.

Mike
    V-Lock

Quote Originally Posted by dubob View Post
    Okay Mike, here’s a question. Can you provide a video of an actual downrigger in use on your product? Downriggers are heavy and would produce a lot of pressure on the lock, especially with a 10 or 12 pound weight suspended at depth. Ad a stacker and it would increase the stress somewhat.

I’m not trying to be negative towards your product, but I do have some reservations about it’s application for downriggers. I am very impressed with it's wide functional use.
    dubob, I do not have a way to make a video but will ask some of the people using them if they can.
    Like SuperD said I think the limitation is how solid a surface you have to attach the base.

Mike
    V-Lock

A picture of the bent insert as might be used for a downrigger or something you want to mount on a narrow gunnel.

pretty slick.........wish I would of thought of that. I make every thing for my boat. I have even made a down rigger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0372.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	1470  

I think the limitation is how solid a surface you have to attach the base.
    Thanks Mike. I already have mounts for my Tracker Varga Deep-V16 gear, but may change to a pontoon boat in the future. I was thinking these might work well mounted to the side walls if some aluminum plates were welded to the uprights to attached your mounts too. This would allow more position choices over using the cross bars normally used across the back of a pontoon.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Thats Outstanding; Now Where Can I Buy The Adjustable Light In The Video. 1 Mil Candle Please, Anyone

It looks like a good product. It can be only as good as the substrate it is mounted on....if you mount it on a wimpy piece of aluminum railing/siding, it will flex with a down rigger mounted to it. Flexing creates cracks in the metal.
    Back up the siding with another plate to distribute the load.
    Age 65.
    20 ft. Jetcraft. 90hp Evinrude Etec, 8hp Yamaha kicker, Minn Kota electric troller. Electric 1106 Scotty downriggers, Lowrance HDS7 Fish Finder/GPS. Airmar P66.
    Also have a 15 ft. Gregor. 25hp Yamaha electric 2-stroke. Two electric 1106 Scotty downriggers. Lowrance HDS7 Fish Finder/GPS.

Thanks SuperD, for bringing the V-Lock to Kokanee.com.

I would like to offer a special 15% discounf on any order for Kokanee.com members through the end of May.

Just enter Kokanee.com at checkout for the discount.

Thanks again and I welcome questions and feedback on this new product good, bad or indifferent.

Mike
    V-Lock

Edited for bad URL
    After checking these out I came to the conclusion that they are the best thing invented for fishing since the oar. Endless possibilities. I just ordered my first two and I'm sure I will order more.
    John

The bad URL was a couple of Ws by mistake.

sorry 1 too many
    Last edited by sawdustsavage; 05-25-2010 at 03:48 AM. Reason: duplicated it

Sawdust, did you see the pontoon version that attaches to the railing?

After checking these out I came to the conclusion that they are the best thing invented for fishing since the oar. Endless possibilities. I just ordered my first two and I'm sure I will order more.
    John[/QUOTE]

Very nice concept and I have my first three complete with the other side comming soon; So far rod, gps, TR-1 control and iced bait holders

Default toon

Great product nice guy making them. What more could you ask.
    Last edited by sawdustsavage; 05-27-2010 at 04:50 AM. Reason: brain fart

Quote Originally Posted by sawdustsavage View Post
    I did It is a great Idea. I think he should market them. Yankee ingenuity at its best.
    Sawdust, how should I market them?

I am trying but always looking for new ideas!

Mike
    V-Lock

Mike
    V-Lock
    Mike, he was confused by my comment. He thought I meant the one shown on the downriger thread, I was speaking of your V-Lock rail mount.

If it doesn't rain before I get home, I'll have a picture of my light mount for your site.

Default downrigger brackets

Mike
    V-Lock
    Try Oregons Logger convention in the spring. Better yet I will try it for you. Looking foreward to a long and happy relationship as one of your dealers.
    John
    Last edited by sawdustsavage; 05-27-2010 at 04:53 AM. Reason: another brain fart

Sorrry Mike. I didn't check out your site well enough before opening my mouth. Won't happen again.
    Last edited by sawdustsavage; 05-27-2010 at 04:55 AM. Reason: removing head from inappropriate place

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast