Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apex Lures

Truly fantastic stuff Gary. But, how are you ever going to give all those lures water time when running only one rod?

Anybody got a lure that is any harder to store than an Apex? Their shape and long leaders is ome of the reasons I don't use them more frequently.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Anybody got a lure that is any harder to store than an Apex? Their shape and long leaders is ome of the reasons I don't use them more frequently.
    I use the foam pipe insulation by cutting a slot for the line about 1/4" deep all the way around with a razor knife, space them out about 11/2" . Put the hooks into the foam & wrap! Works well in the bucket that I made up for all types of lures!

Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

Quote Originally Posted by Kokonuts View Post
    I use the foam pipe insulation by cutting a slot for the line about 1/4" deep all the way around with a razor knife, space them out about 11/2" . Put the hooks into the foam & wrap! Works well in the bucket that I made up for all types of lures!

Kokonuts
    In that regard, I just put this together this weekend.

That looks great Dave, do you tie a swivel on the end of the leader and secure it to the foam with something?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullets View Post
    That looks great Dave, do you tie a swivel on the end of the leader and secure it to the foam with something?
    That sounds like a good solution for the slit in the foam method. I just steal some stick pins out of my wife's sewing kit and tie my loop like I'd normally use to my dodger.

Nice paint work sb

I also like the pool noodle for my lures but I found if I left it round my spin bugs would follow the curve and stay that way so I did a little modification so it will sit on a counter and hold the lures flat.I slit the noodle all the way around to hold the leader in place(no pin to drop in the boat Dave)

Now when I set it down it dosent roll over. I do like the holder

where do you find the little hook flippers??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12