Thread: How to Post Pictures

Default How to Post Pictures

There are 2 ways to do it. If you've noticed, some guys add pictures to their posts as an attachment. (They show up as thumbnails and you have to click on the attachment to really see the picture. To do this, you resize your picture so that the resulting saved jpg file is less than 97 KB, Something around 600 pix X 400 pix should get your there. If not just resize accordingly. If you go that route, in your post, you will see a paperclip in the upper righthand menu. Click that paperclip and browse to your saved file on the computer.

The second method involves hosting your picture on a picture hosting site such as imageshack.com or photobucket.com The pictures should be resized prior to hosting them. Again, something in the 600 X 400 is good size for direct posting in a thread. If you go the hosting site method, you copy the forum URL link that is established on the hosting site and just paste it in your post. Clear as mud, right? Go to the Site Help forum and start a "test" thread to practice posting a picture. We can see what you are doing, right or wrong and walk you through it.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    The second method involves hosting your picture on a picture hosting site such as imageshack.com or photobucket.com The pictures should be resized prior to hosting them. Again, something in the 600 X 400 is good size for direct posting in a thread. If you go the hosting site method, you copy the forum URL link that is established on the hosting site and just paste it in your post. Clear as mud, right? Go to the Site Help forum and start a "test" thread to practice posting a picture. We can see what you are doing, right or wrong and walk you through it.
    I know that with Photobucket.com you can resize the photos after you upload them. This is easier for some who don't want to mess with another software program. Just a FYI!

DB

Thanks Dave. I'm trying to get this all figured out...might be a while the way things have gone so far. I was somehow able to upload some pictures from the camera to the computer, then somehow got a picture onto photo bucket...I have know idea now how I did it though. I'll try again one of these days.

I'm not very knowledgeable with computers , I was finally able to post this week. This might help someone else.
    Even though there is space to post several at a time , after several try's posting 2 or 3 at a time I always got a failure message until I tried one at a time.

Default Pics

We use webshots.com After I download them from the camera to my computer thru Picassa, then I upload the ones I want to put in webshots. I can resize to post them in the forum. haven't done it yet so don't know if it will work here. I'll try it now:
    What do you know, it works.
    Froggie

Here is a video I came up with on how to post pictures. I hope it helps!!
    when the video comes up, you can click on the yellow highlighted button on the bottom of the picture for a larger video.

Click here:

Last edited by eenakoK; 04-01-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: forgot half of a sentence! :)

Thankyou David!!! I tried another picture in the "site help" area, but somehow got the size screwed up. I'll go over your video to see what I did wrong...Thanks again!!!

you can also post your pics in the member album area and do the same thing, the site will hose your pic them you can thumbnail them in your pist the same way, personally i use the paperclip method
    I just know stuff...

Default Posting a recipe?

I have a recipe that I put together with the instuctions and pictures that go along with it. I have it stored in my documents and I can't figure out how to put it in the forum and under the catigory of recipes besides?
    Can you help ?
    Thanks

There are a couple options available to you. How many pictures are in the recipe instructions? If it is more than 4, I suggest saving your Word document as a pdf file and making it a attachment to your post. If it is less than 4 pictures, host your pictures as described in this thread and insert the URL code strategically in your type written recipe in the post.

Posting a picture from another website:

Right mouse click on a picture you see on an internet website and you should see the image properties that are essentially the internet address for the photo and end with a .jpg Copy that link and paste it in your thread. On the front end of the link, type [ and then the letters img followed ]. On the back end, do the same brackets but sandwiching the letters /img. If your buddy posts a big fish picture on another site, this is a way you can share it here as well. Just don't do this with copy right protected material.