Thread: hello from 'fishingmom'

Default hello from 'fishingmom'

well, a little unusual as my husband is the one who doesn't fish so with the help of many generous folks the last few years i have been learning about my boat, fishing, tackle, the rivers etc. along the way - beginning to get things ready for the new kokanee season but i fish year round - steelhead, bass, salmon, sturgeon, kokanee and a little fly fishing....we are farmers in se washington with hells canyon - the snake, clearwater, grande ronde river and dworshak for a back yard - iam getting anxious to get back to dworshak and am looking forward to a wallowa lake trip this spring!

Sounds like you live in a phenomenal area! Welcome to a great site! There is a ton of information available and people willing to share!

DB

I just know stuff...

There goes the neighbor hood! Just kidding . Welcome Sue you been up to the lake yet? There are fish there. LIL

fishingmom Looking fwd to your posts. This is a great place to be, especially when you have some slack time. Watch for the KFF get togethers, we are always looking fwd to meeting up with members and putting names with faces.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Welcome aboard fishingmom!

Welcome fishingmom!

-Mack
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!

Smile

thank you, glad to be here....hey lil, hoping to go up tomorrow- i hope

Default Female Fishaholics

Glad to hear from another fellow fisherwoman!!!I just recently joined this site too. Will look for your posts.
    Frog

Quote Originally Posted by fishingmom View Post
    thank you, glad to be here....hey lil, hoping to go up tomorrow- i hope
    We have been up twice and the first time we fished around the dam and did OK. Last weekend we fished around Elk Creek and it was very spotty. We did talk to some guys that were fishing canyon creek and did OK. Have fun and let us know how it goes. LIL

Welcome to KFF! Let us know how you do at Dworshak tomorrow. I was hoping for a big fish year but so far the biggest we've seen is 9". Heard of some thirteens but I'm wondering if the report was from a dimensionally challenged individual. Consequently I've had more interest in finding a world record smallmouth as opposed to bait sized kokes. I would give Canyon creek, Dicks Creek and Dry Creek a shot if you will be fishing only for kokanee tomorrow.

Anyway, there are getting to be more central Idaho Kokeheads here. Maybe we can do a get together one of these days for a dworshak mini-tilla and chow down some of your famous calzones along with assorted delicacies from some of the other generous people that you mentioned.
    Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwile. -Wilfred T. Grenfell

was hoping to go but 22 degrees and cloudy here this morning so will save the gas for a better day and a fishing get-together sounds great, did someone say calzones :)