Thread: Starting off the new year with a bang at FG

Default Starting off the new year with a bang at FG

Sockeyeslayer, Jared Johnson, Owner of Rocky Mountain Tackle, and his Father, Capt Mark Johnson went up to Flaming Gorge Sunday afternoon, along with Pro~fishing~sea, Cory Keller to start off the new year for some koke fishing and getting the cob webs off.

Got on the water on Monday Moirning and started fishing and picked up a few kokes, all around the 2.0 to 2.25 lbs, Nice fat fish.

Suddenly, WHAM! the Red, Lamiglas JJ rod with 12lb test breaks loose from the rigger and the tip is in the water! Line is racing off the Tica reel! The nickel crushed glow and Pearl/pink hot tail squid was the ticket!

The rest of the lines were pulled in, riggers up, and motors cleared as Capt Mark handled the rod like the capt and seasoned fisherman that he is.

25 minutes later the beast came up from the depths. A huge lake trout! the fish was landed and weighed in at 30.2 lbs!!!! Thsi fish only had the front hook of the double hook set in its upper jaw. The lower hook was just hanging!!!

The photos ops started, the beast was released to fight another day. This fish beat Capt Marks old mark for Flaming gorge of 28 lbs!

Congrats to Capt MArk, Jared and Cory on a great trip and a new trophy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capt Mark And Jared.Johnson resize.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	1253  
    Last edited by Kokaholic; 03-30-2010 at 11:43 PM.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

WoooooooooooooHooooooooooo Mark ,you da the man
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

What a way to start out the season! I just bought two of those rods and I can't imagine what it would be like to land a fish like that on those! Good times!

Way to go guys, guess I should have gone to the pipeline monday as well.
    wishin I was fishin

Pro Staff: Rocky Mountain Tackle

Great job guys. Can't wait to go and try the new bug that I won

Awesome. Can't wait to hit the Gorge up now
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Red face Wow

I'm drooling!!! That is ONE awesome hawg! Can't wait to get there this summer, I'm counting the days!!
    I had one of those rods for about 12 hours. LOL Trouble gave it to me by accident. That red rod would have gone well with one of my new Tica reels with the Cajun Red line on it. Oh well, she meant to give me a different one, so I had to give it back to her.
    Froggie

That's a nice fish! Way to go Team RMT. I'm sure it raised the heart rates of the whole crew.

I thinkit was the secret Jared Juice that inticed that hog. I hear all the ladies crave it.
    Rocky Mountain Tackle

Default action

I bought the JJ red rod and TICA real for this season, nice to know that what i bought can catch something like that !!! sweet !

Quote Originally Posted by halojm View Post
    I thinkit was the secret Jared Juice that inticed that hog. I hear all the ladies crave it.

Now that is some funny do do right there!
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Nice catch !!!!!! Its' been 40 years since we have been to FG . Can't wait to get up there . As far as that jj juice goes Mark sold 2 bottles to the wife at the show. The old gal ain't been the same since and I cant find the them .

I think it should be renamed to jiz juice.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    I think it should be renamed to jiz juice.
    Rodger that some funny stuff right there ............ The first thought to pop in my head after I read it was. I wonder how well that would transmit over the VHF,when asking another boater for some jiz juice.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Default Watch out

Oh Oh, be very careful, remember this is MIXED company. LOL
    Froggie

Default OH my gawd it's huge

My wife (Froggie) says she saw an (only one) art film while she was in college....the only thing she has ever shared from that film is the line, "oh my gawd it's huge". Now finally I understand!!! It was a film about catching fish at the Gorge! But why did she call it an art film???
    Congrats on doing it...again!
    Tortuga