Thread: The weekend draweth neigh

Default The weekend draweth neigh

Looks like a beautiful one weather-wise. Still trying to figure out how to score a kitchen pass but I will!
    Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwile. -Wilfred T. Grenfell

Thumbs up

Looks nice but my kitchen pass may be nill. Chell got bucked off her moms horse and Broke her shoulder blade. Back to the ortho doc in the morning to see if it is imobilize and let heal or Surgery w/pins. I wanted to go chase silver bullets but we will see. LIL

So whats the verdict? LIL

My house. Six a.m. Dont be late again!
    Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwile. -Wilfred T. Grenfell

Well, how did you 2 yay-hooz do?

Thanks again for getting me out on the pond the fishing was a little slow but a very relaxing day all the same. On the bright side I did get my first Smallie of the year. LIL

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Well, how did you 2 yay-hooz do?
    We did Awesome!

My panther remote didnt winter well and the air temp didnt get over 40 degrees until around noon with a nice stiff breeze blowing. To add to the problem my TRkev spent much of the morning in front of the heater because he didnt bring his new insulated guidewear. However he was at the house right at six a.m. this time! We boated a grand total of 3 small kokes. We needed 'Chells' mojo. We didnt give it a heckuva lot of effort in terms of changing methods, lures, locations, etc..if truth be told. Probably wouldve given up on Elk Creek and gone back down the lake a ways if we were serious about it. I was more serious about staying out of the wind and fishing for bass than catching small kokanee and suffering the cold. Yeah, I'm getting soft in my old age. We caught every species we were fishing for. Mission accomplished!

Don't ya hate it when you Tr kev freezes up! I will be warmer next time. LIL

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Wish I was out ther with you instead of killing a pile of crappie.

You are always welcome--especially this year. We really need the rain. :)

Nothing wrong with a pile of Crappie! In fact I was thinking of taking the little Hewey and going after a pile of crappie Saturday after it warms up in the morning. Supposed to be 31 degrees saturday morning but its been too long since we had a good fish fry and I have a feeling the water in Mann Lake is warming enough to turn on some decent crappie catching.