Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Lucky Peak Kokes

We fished today. We had our limits by 10:00 AM. The bite was weird. It was good but it wasn't solid. No doubles today. They were spread out and in bigger schools once you found them.
    The bigger schools were at 50-60'.

I guess we're spoiled with how good it's been the last month or so.

All of the fish were 12-15" with not one of the bigger Kokes showing up. A few of them were starting to pink up pretty good.

It's time to fire up the smoker tomorrow.
    Last edited by Excaliber; 07-31-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Way to go Mike, sounds like you had a good time. Speaking of smoked kokanee, that's what I had for lunch today

just got my limit in the smoker a about an hour ago!! Yum cant wait!. We fished at the dam and took a little longer to get our limit, but we started at around 3:00 pm we caught a couple big ones and I lost a real good sized one. Never saw any of them getting pink, and they we also at about 45'.

Hit LP this morning. Boated a limit of very fat, nice fish and lost 3. Launched at SS and trolled up the channel towards the dam. Hoochies and red Kokanee fueled corn at 35' was workin' for us :-). On the water just before 8:00 am and got off about 12:15 pm. Nice slabs with maybe a tinge of pink in the larger ones. Average was over 14".

Went to the dam last night and the action was non stop. We found them from 22 feet all the till 55. They were being caught on the same dodger with a hoochie with white fire corn. Have anyone ever gone after those big fish down deep? Thinking about running stackers to maybe see what's down there.

Do you mean the narrow channel to Arrowrock Dam?

no I meant barklay bay by the outlets for the water. I have only fished once at spring shores and had ok luck. This is my first season fishing for kokanee and have learned a ton from the forum. I enjoy the ease of fishing at LP so close good boat ramps.

Latest fishing outing, by far one of the best this year.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mail.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	1873 Cant wait to get back out there. My boat blew up but might have it fixed by weekend.

Boy, that one is close to spawning. They are so fun and agressive in that stage, anything pink is the enemy to them I think. I caught a few that were just turning yesterday, but not that far. Where were you?

I put in at Barklay bay and headed toward the dam. I would troll along the dam but out in 160 to 200 feet of water never real close to the shore. I have spent all my days but one fishing the same location. I also found alot right by the buoys at the boat launch. We had caught 8 like that and two normal ones and one trout. Also I talked to a guy that said he caught a 23lb laker over in the same area, however talked to a biologist today who said that is was more likely to have been a bull trout.

Default Recent Reports

Anyone besides hoolee99 been fishing LP lately? I have not fished this late in the year before and am wondering if the fish are congregated in a certain area. If you have been there lately, where are you finding fish? Thanks!

See my post under L.P. Aug. 3. We were up there last night. To answer your question, you can continue fishing for next year's spawning generation all fall, and it can be quite good. Go back in the history of this site and BigFishTackle, Idaho forum, and you will see lots of reports of late summer and fall fishing. We found the fish in a very odd place last night. I will P.M. you. Mike

Default October 3 at LP

Just wanted to get the boat out yesterday. We caught a dozen or so koks in a couple of hours near the dam. They are obviously next year's crop, but they looked good. We turned them back, but they are plenty big enough to fillet. Also caught one of those "yellow rainbow" things.

Good for you! I have been thinking it should be good. Are they still running deep? No kidding, a yellow rainbow? I was down at the State hatchery at Hagerman recently, looking at them in one of the runways. Quite a sight. Mike

We started out around 30 but caught almost all of them between 12 and 25 feet. I was surprised. I did graph lots of fish around 40.

Thanks for the reply. Decided to head up there tomorrow (Wed.). They are probably having a struggle keeping the dock in water, in that they are draining it at the rate of almost 4 feet a day. At least they are hanging on to the water in Arrowrock, to replenish LP once the repairs are finished at Arrowrock. Mike

Thanks, Salmonster, for the heads up. We had a very productive day thanks to your info. Really nice-sized kokes for this time of year, aren't they. Most came at 20 and 25 feet. Again, thanks for your post. Mike

Default Where are you guys catching these?

Are you catching them by Arrowrock dam at 20-25ft?.. or over at Lucky Peak dam?

Likely heading up tomorrow morning.

Lucky Peak dam. Mike

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011