Thread: Spring Burbot ?????

Default Spring Burbot ?????

Does anyone know if you can catch Burbot right after Ice out. Also, what is the best way from a boat to get them. Any ideas where to head in the reservior to find them. I understand that they are good eating and I would like to get my licks in on them.

Any Burbot info would be great.

Thanks

You can catch Burbot anytime. From a boat, go out just before dark and work the rocky shore lines vertically jigging with 3" glow Radical Glow tubes and fresh sucker meat. sometimes they like it dead sticked. Just move around till you find them. Good luck
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Default burbot durby 2010

hey if you want to get your licks on the burbot come to the durby on feb 19, 20, 21 get a lick on burbot, a chance to will part of $5,000 and help get rid of cancer what more do you want. e me at feed_99@yahoo.com or call 1-307-780 5496 or 1-307-787-3162 for more info.

Default I don't have any Ice fishing gear.

otherwise I would be there. Wanted to do my part as soon as the ice is gone this year. Some how the heat up front in my little boat is very appealing also.

As soon as I pay for new canvas for my boat, I'll be finished with spending money on that little beast and I will work on gear for next winters derby.

I don't know anything about the technics for catching burbot through the ice, but I am pretty sure there would not be shortage of aid in learning how to catch these fresh water slugs (even at the tournament).