Thread: High Savery Reservoir

Default High Savery Reservoir

Already posed about High Savery on another fishing forum but thought I would also past it here also... Since this is my first post here you will have to bear with me...
    Earlier this Summer I was lucky enough to spend some time in Rawlins WY, and spent some time fishing and exploring High Savery Reservoir...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Savery Reservior.jpg 
Views:	838 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	127
    It is quite a long drive from Rawlins, 45 miles give or take, but is well worth the drive... A very inaccessable, quiet and beautiful place...

Name:	9 High Savery Reservior.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	130
    The place reminds me of what the Flaming Gorge was like when it was only a couple years old... The shore lines are all choked up with sage brush and grass, Not many roads at all, and marked "no camping" the only road I really saw was the road to the boat ramp...
    Caught all three of the different species in the lake, nothing with much size, but had a blast fishing on this new reservoir!
    The Kokanee are no too big yet but are very fat...

Name:	11 High Savery Reservior.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	133
    Here is a picture of a Tiger Trout I caught... A cross between a Brown and Brook Trout...

Name:	14 High Savery Reservior.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	134
    Was looking on terraserver.com noticed that they did not have High Savery on the topo map there so was able to make a very good map of the lake...

Name:	High Savory Reservoir 135x135 Final.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	135
    Had a great time fishing this lake, and look forward fishing it again... Have a good one... LBD

Nice looking trout and one of my favorite trout lures you have there that we use a lot of in the spring and fall. Trolling those about 3MPH on the surface is a favorite thing to do and set the clickers on and wait for the scream!

Thats exactly what I had to do to catch that tiger! I had tried everything else I had trying to catch one, worm harnesses, spinners, but finally caught this one fast trolling a rapala... Also did catch a bunch of cutthroat trout that were beat up by something big grabbing em... There is something big swiming in that water...
    Last edited by daffy; 08-28-2008 at 07:58 AM. Reason: spelling