Thread: Members Signatures

Default Members Signatures

KFF Members are allowed to have signature's in their profile as long as
    a-are the site default color (black) no bold type
    b-are the default font size.
    c-are approved by site administration

***see post#9 below for updated information***
    Last edited by SilverBullets; 02-22-2010 at 10:44 PM.

I like the forum, but I find the signatures allowed very restrictive. No other site that I know of has such stringent restrictions on signatures. Also, I find the standard "moderator" signature rather intrusive because I have to look at it so often. Sometimes, it appears that we have no one but moderators talking to each other. Ok...now I've said it...I'll go back to tying my leaders for this season....
    Age 65.
    20 ft. Jetcraft. 90hp Evinrude Etec, 8hp Yamaha kicker, Minn Kota electric troller. Electric 1106 Scotty downriggers, Lowrance HDS7 Fish Finder/GPS. Airmar P66.
    Also have a 15 ft. Gregor. 25hp Yamaha electric 2-stroke. Two electric 1106 Scotty downriggers. Lowrance HDS7 Fish Finder/GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Monte View Post
    I like the forum, but I find the signatures allowed very restrictive. No other site that I know of has such stringent restrictions on signatures. Also, I find the standard "moderator" signature rather intrusive because I have to look at it so often. Sometimes, it appears that we have no one but moderators talking to each other. Ok...now I've said it...I'll go back to tying my leaders for this season....
    monte. i am currantly working on getting it set up for users to post a pic of there boat and such in there signature. also im looking into other options for moderator signatures

I thought that was why we have member photo albums and avatars? Why do I want to wade through signature blocks on every post? I don't! It seems that more and more advertisements appear on every post from some members, Why? I thought the forum threads was a way to share ideas and experiences, not advertise your personal business ventures.

I'm with ya on this Monte!

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeOnTheWater View Post
    I thought that was why we have member photo albums and avatars? Why do I want to wade through signature blocks on every post? I don't! It seems that more and more advertisements appear on every post from some members, Why? I thought the forum threads was a way to share ideas and experiences, not advertise your personal business ventures.

I'm with ya on this Monte!
    your request hasn tfallen on deaf ears. im with you and looking into differnt options right now

My 2 cents are only worth 2 cents here but I dont mind regulated signature blocks. I look at some other forums where peoples' signature panels are Efreakinormous and it detracts from the purpose of the forum. Guys who are vain enough to think everyone wants to see a 800X600 picture of themselves dont usually garner my attention. But then, I've been a geek long enough to remember when forums were just newsgroups that had threaded discussions with no graphics and I had to access files on my computer by typing c:\dir\*. * or some other silly string of commands. :)

I trust Petty will arrive at a sensible solution and maintain this terrific forum.
    Last edited by 3RivrFishr; 02-14-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: .
    Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwile. -Wilfred T. Grenfell

Yeah...I think you can go overboard with signatures, like our current Moderator signature block that has more fluorescence and UV in it than most kokanee dodgers have. On the other hand, I like signatures in posts because they help me remember who is posting. On other forums that allow signatures, I often say to myself..."oh, that's the guy that did the post on such-and-such...I remember him". It helps me get to know the other guys on the forum.
    Age 65.
    20 ft. Jetcraft. 90hp Evinrude Etec, 8hp Yamaha kicker, Minn Kota electric troller. Electric 1106 Scotty downriggers, Lowrance HDS7 Fish Finder/GPS. Airmar P66.
    Also have a 15 ft. Gregor. 25hp Yamaha electric 2-stroke. Two electric 1106 Scotty downriggers. Lowrance HDS7 Fish Finder/GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Monte View Post
    Yeah...I think you can go overboard with signatures, like our current Moderator signature block that has more fluorescence and UV in it than most kokanee dodgers have. On the other hand, I like signatures in posts because they help me remember who is posting. On other forums that allow signatures, I often say to myself..."oh, that's the guy that did the post on such-and-such...I remember him". It helps me get to know the other guys on the forum.
    you might notice that there has been some changes to this and will see more to come
    I just know stuff...

Default Member signatures update.

Member signatures update.

****Members are allowed to have a signature picture but must be pre- approved by KFF Administrator or SuperModerators. The maximum allowable size will be 250W X 70H pixels. No commercial advertisements/company logos will be allowed unless you are the owner of the company. pro staffers will be allowed to post a one line signature in the site default size, color (black), and font (no bold) after being pre-approved by KFF

this is the place..
    post your pic here to get them approved for your signatures pics
    I just know stuff...

Default Signature approval please

2005 Blue Lund Pro V 1900, 200 Merc main, 9.9 Merc kicker, too much other crap... Yell and say hi, I don't bite too often.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0047.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	8935
    2005 Blue Lund Pro V 1900, 200 Merc main, 9.9 Merc kicker, too much other stuff. Yell and say hi...