Thread: Kokanee in Jordaelle

Default Kokanee in Jordaelle

Kokanee In Jordaelle

Yes I know their isn't any but the Division of Wildlife Resources Should plant them. The Reservoir is deep and cold enough for Kokanee, it also has the Provo River flowing into it where the fish could spawn. I also think Kokanne would not cause any problems for the other fish species in the Reservoir. What do you think?

If it would work, that would be really great. It would be a close drive to bring hatchery fry from the berrry to Jordy
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Make your formal recommendation to the DWR and let's see where it goes. I thought they were wanting to turn Jordanelle into a warm water fishery?? It's not a large reservoir and competition between fisherman, pleasure boaters, jet skis and water skiers may make kokanee fishing difficult especially when the weather warms and the kokes suspend over deeper water. In Jordanelle, that's where all the traffic is. I'm not trying to be a nay sayer only stating the facts. I would love to see more waters local to metropolitan areas have improved fishing opportunity and variety but we all have experienced the competition I mentioned earlier. I'm not looking for exclusive fishing waters, just a courtesy on the water from everyone.

Default Kokanee at Joranelle

Yes Jordanelle gets really busy in the summer, but most Kokanee fisherman start very early and could have their limits by 9:00 or 10:00 am.

Quote Originally Posted by GUIDEMAN View Post
    Yes Jordanelle gets really busy in the summer, but most Kokanee fisherman start very early and could have their limits by 9:00 or 10:00 am.
    ??Yep I agree. Most of us could have a limit, cleaned, and have breakfast dishes cleaned up before most jet skiers hangovers wear off.
    Rocky Mountain Tackle