Thread: Shoulda Been There!

Default Shoulda Been There!

No kokanee, BUT.

Hit Strawberry today with some HARDY friends. It could have been renamed to Strawburry as it was -20 @ 8 am upon arrival! We even debated a few minutes whether or not to brave the severe cold. We had a bit of trouble, like some other early arrivals, getting ATVs started.

We headed out from the marina straight to Haws Point, punched a few holes and dropped the lines. First fish about 10 minutes but immediately released it so it wouldn't FREEZE! Fished for another hour with hardly a bite. Moved to the South side of the Big Island and we must have set up directly over Rush Hour Fish Traffic. Landed nine more and missed too many before moving back to Haws around 2pm. All fish were slot cutts picked up in less than 20' of water on 2.5" RGT (Chartruese/Glow & Pure Glow) tipped with minnow. We had some bumps on meal worms but no hook-ups. Didn't try anything else. Tip, keep the minnow fresh!

It was a GREAT Day at the lake never-the-less (better than working). Good friends, nice fish and no wind all made for an enjoyable outing. It was cold though, 27 degrees when we returned to the rigs (3 pm) for the trip home. Good luck if you're headed up there anytime soon.

Brrrrrr!! But thanks for the post. Hope you didn't lose any fingers or toes.

Way to go Tom. Slot cutts is all I seem to catch at the Berry. But catch & releasing is what I do anyways. Glad you guys had fun. I had to work yesterday and going in again today.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

No wonder you're making numerous upgrades to your boat and trailer. I'm changing your name from Bduck to BBOT (Big Bucks Over Time).

-20, DUDE, Thats freakin cold! WOW you are the man.

Glad you had a good trip. Good on you!

Went and got my Elk this mornig up by Echo. It was 13 degrees when we jumped on the sleds and headed up the hill. nice day. Got that done, now I can go fishing!
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeOnTheWater View Post
    No wonder you're making numerous upgrades to your boat and trailer. I'm changing your name from Bduck to BBOT (Big Bucks Over Time).
    With you guys not around on weekends,we opened up our toolboxes and we got work done.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

OK - So I'm Bragging. A day fishing is better than a day at work!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nice Cutt!.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	1147  

wow what a pretty lookin fish.. wish we had cutts here.. but then again not there are waaaay too many yokels that kill everything here lol lol
    live your dreams,love your life.