Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trollmaster Pro II?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Well, the way it works in the helm control applications is you shift the motor out of neutral but still at next to idle speed. Since there really isn't any delay in tiller controlled motors, I'm assuming you are trying to get the "remote" throttle control out of it without having to go stand back there?
    exactly
    I just know stuff...

We've had the Trollmaster for a few years now & I LOVE it. I'm driving the boat, so this way I can control the speed from the driver's seat and we use our electric motor with remote for steering. This frees up our ability to catch fish!! It is an awesome invention. Tortuga installed it pretty easily and it works like a dream on our kicker.
    Froggie

so what would be the advantage for those of us the have our kickers on a remote -troll bracket?
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Tim,

IT would allow you to speed up and slow down without having to use your throttle control on your tiller handle. you simply control it from the dial that you see in the above photo. I think this would be a great tool for you. At least something to look into for sure.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Thanks Mark,that 's what I was thinking ,just wanted to clarify.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

I had the ProII for 4 years on my 6hp merc. I have burned out and replaced two of the original servo motors. The last time I sent the entire unit back to ProTroll and they replaced the original servo motor with a more powerful one. They had to "reflash" the ProTroll computer for the new servo. They are a good company to work with. Cost me $20.00 total. They stand behind their product.

The servo motors are mainly used as landing gear retractor motors on model airplanes. You can get replacement motors at hobby shops for about $6.00. I wouldn't troll without the ProToll - it is a really nice thing to have.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutScout View Post
    I had the ProII for 4 years on my 6hp merc. I have burned out and replaced two of the original servo motors. The last time I sent the entire unit back to ProTroll and they replaced the original servo motor with a more powerful one. They had to "reflash" the ProTroll computer for the new servo. They are a good company to work with. Cost me $20.00 total. They stand behind their product.

The servo motors are mainly used as landing gear retractor motors on model airplanes. You can get replacement motors at hobby shops for about $6.00. I wouldn't troll without the ProToll - it is a really nice thing to have.
    Thats good to know TroutScout. I didn't even think of going to a hobby shop for a servo motor.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Cabelas had had the Pro troll III in the bargain cave for the last month and for less tha we paid for our PT II. Now would be the time if somebody wanted to get it.

I've ordered a couple extra servos from a hobby shop and keep them on board.

TroutScout, if you are burning up servos, you may have the rod too tight against the collar. Leave a tiny bit of slack.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

SuperD,

Thanks for the heads-up. Do you mean the little brass collar that has the screw inserted from the top?

Quote Originally Posted by TroutScout View Post
    SuperD,

Thanks for the heads-up. Do you mean the little brass collar that has the screw inserted from the top?
    When the boat is in neutral, the push rod from the servo to the collar on the throttle arm should have about a 1/16 of an inch gap. That means you'll turn the dial on the box 1/2 a turn before it engages the collar. If the push rod is tight against the collar all the time, the servo is constantly under load and they will burn out quicker.

SuperD

Thanks.

I'll check it out once I get the boat out of storage.

I just ordered my Pro Troll II for my Merc. After seeing a few guys running them at Wallowa last weekend, I felt it was time. Going back and forth from the helm to the stern was not fun during wind gusts.

Can't wait to try it at Merwin and Prineville!

I gave mine it's first real try this last week at LBC and loved it. Now I can get away from the tiller, steer from and sit up front (out of the weather in the rain) and control my speed by tenths of a mile per hour.

I had a couple problems getting it to work right after I installed it and Robert (Mr. Trollmaster) walked me through some trouble shooting over the phone until we got it fixed. I felt like an idiot but he was super and very patient with me. It is so rare to find a piece of equipment that exceeds your expectations backed up by someone who understands what customer service is all about.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Question, I have the unit installed, but how did you guys mount the controller? I seen the double-sided sticker, but with the paint on my Alumaweld it will not stick.

JB

I Used Velcro Tape To Mount It On The Dash

I have not found a good place to mount mine yet. So far, it just lays in the tray next to the seat and this seems to work out just fine, easy to reach and out of the way. (I have the same problem getting things to stick on my alumaweldl.)
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Default Pro-troll lll

Hi guys....I have the pro-troll lll, works very nice for my Yamaha t-8. In fact I have 2 of them!
    I keep a spare set-up on the boat. If I drive 16hrs to fish the Gorge and my trolling set up takes a dump, I will have another one ready!..My question is the servo motors you guys are talking about, how do I know what kind to get if I want to buy some spares?...I have no idea what they even are?...I know where the rod connects and the little wheel turns and all that, but I'm not sure about
    the servo?..or what it is?....Thanks Fellas..........Mike

Mike, the little plastic motor that spins the wheel is the servo. The model # is likely on a sticker on the side of the servo. They are very inexpensive, under $20. I bought my extras from an online hobby shop.

Default Proll troll servo

Thanks Super......I'll go check out the serial#'s on it and go get a couple....

Hi guys, been to busy doing other things than joining in the fun here...well I have a control king and love it, got it last year and the dealer mounted it for me. I have a 15 hp Honda and it works great, haven't had a bit of problems. Mounted it with velcro and am able to get down to less than 1 mph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12