Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trollmaster Pro II?

Default Trollmaster Pro II?

Has anyone installed one on their kicker? Cabela's says mine is on the truck headed my way. Wondering how difficult the install will be.

Thanks
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Dave, I have this installed. Put it on myself. Very simple. If anything is hard on installation is routing wires. This is a good feature to have on a boat. Allows you to dial in on engine rpm(fine tune) to set your trolling speed. Its better than trying to adjust speed thru the handle. How else can you spoil a fisherman, let me count the ways. ::
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Roger, can you snap a couple shots of your routing and POC's?

Default Troll Master Pro II

I don't know if these photos will help, but here they are. The item with the white round wheel with a bendable wire stem going to throttle is what comes in the kit. Also control unit mounted at the helm. The instructions will have appropriate application with it. You shouldn't have a problem with this at all. Routing your wires is up to you for a clean installation. Good Luck, I hope these photos are enough to give you an idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Troll Master Pro II 001.jpg 
Views:	995 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Troll Master Pro II 004.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	947  
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Interesting reading and photos, looks like this will be item number one on my Christmas list, and when she who must be obeyed sees the price, the only item on my Christmas list.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Quote Originally Posted by dlm View Post
    Interesting reading and photos, looks like this will be item number one on my Christmas list, and when she who must be obeyed sees the price, the only item on my Christmas list.
    In order to make the price tolerable, I got my Cabela's points up to over $100 and then waited for a $25 coupon in the mail, which cabela's sends me periodically. By the time I pulled the trigger, I felt like I was paying half price.

Unfortunately, Cabelas mark up is high. That where I got mine. With a little help of some club points of course. Thinking about making a trip to Cabelas soon.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

No question about it, everyone with a kicker motor and helm or remote control has got to have this item. I can not believe the level of rpm control this offers. No more knocking the throttle an 1/8" at a time just to have to reve up on you from 1.5 mph to 2.5 mph.

Thumbs up

Its definately the add-on for your kicker. I've been using it for over 3yrs.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

I have had it for a couple of years and love it. Depending on your brand of kicker it has detailed info and pictures on how to install. Pretty simple instalation.
    TBtoad

Ordered my pro II today. Installation on Saturday, fish on Sunday.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Ordered my pro II today. Installation on Saturday, fish on Sunday.
    What motor are you putting it on? I found the instructions pretty good but not great. If you are putting it on a yamaha, I can send you some better pictures.

This is going on a Nissan (Tohatsu) 6hp. I have looked at the instructions and they look pretty simple, and so am I so it should be a good match.

Thanks for the offer.
    David

I have a Nissan 5 hp. That intrests me. I have seen them on some other boats that I have been in and really liked them. So what is the price? Im guessing around 150.00 or so?
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Cabelas apparently have discontinued carrying the Trollmaster series. This is their new line.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...-box.jsp.form1

Quote Originally Posted by Kokaholic View Post
    I have a Nissan 5 hp. That intrests me. I have seen them on some other boats that I have been in and really liked them. So what is the price? Im guessing around 150.00 or so?
    Try this link Mark. There is a Pro 3 out now. My Pro 2 cost me approx $200 at Cabelas. There are 3 models, Pro, Pro 2, & Pro 3. Decisions, decisions.
    http://troll-masterpro.com/
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

it appears that the 8 horse is the smallest that they make it for on my brand name motor, oh well

Mark, don't give up so easily. Take the cowling off and snap a picture of the throttle linkage. This is really easy so if i saw you throttle configuration, I'd let you know if it was still doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokaholic View Post
    it appears that the 8 horse is the smallest that they make it for on my brand name motor, oh well
    Check again. Under "applications" they list the nissan 1995 and newer in either a 5 or 6 horse. They would use model tm203d, which is what I ordered.

They show the same thing under Tohatsu, which is who makes that particulary nissan, and merc,etc.
    David

Check again. Under "applications" they list the nissan 1995 and newer in either a 5 or 6 horse. They would use model tm203d, which is what I ordered.

They show the same thing under Tohatsu, which is who makes that particulary nissan, and merc,etc.
    I agree Mark. I believe they have what you need. They also have a toll free number under the link I posted.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Sounds good guys, thanks, I will look into it more. I hadn't gave up

if i read it right it can only be used on 4 strokes?
    I just know stuff...

It will work on anything with a throttle linkage. The servo mechanism has a push rod connected to it and a collar that attaches to the throttle arm. When you turn the dial on the control box, it simply moves the throttle arm in small increments. It is basically eliminating the delay in throttle cable.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    It will work on anything with a throttle linkage. The servo mechanism has a push rod connected to it and a collar that attaches to the throttle arm. When you turn the dial on the control box, it simply moves the throttle arm in small increments. It is basically eliminating the delay in throttle cable.
    will it work with the shifter in the throttle handle?
    I just know stuff...

Well, the way it works in the helm control applications is you shift the motor out of neutral but still at next to idle speed. Since there really isn't any delay in tiller controlled motors, I'm assuming you are trying to get the "remote" throttle control out of it without having to go stand back there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast