Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check those Trailer tires!

I like that fix. Only problem I have is 12" tires. It only takes about 7,000 miles to wear these out at freeway speeds. Inflation is checked regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin' Kokes View Post
    Left the ST trailer tires behind years ago for LT E rated highway tread radials. 80 psi rated and far stronger and safer than any trailer tire. ST trailer tires are not closely regulated and tested by the gov. for safety. LT's are. I go with the heaviest rated galvanized steel rims I can locate, at least 100 psi rated and stainless steel stems and lugs on my boat trailers.

All the ST rated tires on the market now are made in China and India with no import safety inspection. The LTs can be had in US, Korean and Japanese made

ended my trailer tire failures boat trailer and RVs.

only problem now is the trailer tires are so reliable that I forget to check them.
    This is a good thought installing LT tires. I don't so much mind the ST tire on my RV but the boat is always in tow going somewhere with the high probability of tire failure.

has anyone looked at these tires by kumho I have them on single axle 205 75 r 14 D range
    rated at 2271 lbs. each they are 8 ply & tow great
    available in Q-speed rated 82-series I believe that to be 99 mph specs on link below
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....partnum=0R4857

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12