View Poll Results: What length Hoochie works the best?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1.5"

96 77.42%
  • 2.25"

28 22.58%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hoochies, Short or Long

I got turned on to a site this Summer with some great mini hoochies. They are out of Canada however so delivery isn't real quick but Winter is a good time to order up for the season.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
    A lot of time has past since this was posted,and numerous new product have enter the market place that I fell are more productive. I've notice small mini stuff has been the go to product,but every lake fished different I'm a tube fly trolling type guy. I haven't use a hoochies in 5 years.
    I must say that I have never heard of a tube fly but that may be becauae I'm in California (sounds like another reason to move out of the state lol). You peaked my interest so I went to my local Sportsmans Warehouse today but I was unable to find any. Do you troll them at the surface of at depth? I would love to get my hands on a few of them and give it a try.

Jim, I started making them a few years ago while I was still in Cali. You fish them just like a hoochie. Here is a thread with some details.

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/f...-Kokanee-Flies

You can also use the Pline tinsel inserts. I buy the 2.5" insert and cut 3/4" - 1" off them.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Jim, I started making them a few years ago while I was still in Cali. You fish them just like a hoochie. Here is a thread with some details.

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/f...-Kokanee-Flies

You can also use the Pline tinsel inserts. I buy the 2.5" insert and cut 3/4" - 1" off them.
    Oh no! I love making my own lures. Now I've got to try this! Don't worry, I won't let my wife know who got me started...

Quote Originally Posted by trollingScotsman View Post
    I must say that I have never heard of a tube fly but that may be becauae I'm in California (sounds like another reason to move out of the state lol). You peaked my interest so I went to my local Sportsmans Warehouse today but I was unable to find any. Do you troll them at the surface of at depth? I would love to get my hands on a few of them and give it a try.
    I started to experiment with Crystal flash,an started going into fly shops, this really open my eyes and imagination these guys are way ahead of us when it comes to fshing. Everything you need is at a fly shop,different colored rabbit fur, feathers,all can be made into tubefly. You don't need to use a straw,everything is there to make the tube there's numerous colored thread ,numerous color wires. Its like tying a fly using threat,glue,an emagination. I have also designed the school of fshing a flasher introduced by Oregon bait it's a killer at times instead of a wobbler. My suggeation visit a fly tying shop

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
    I started to experiment with Crystal flash,an started going into fly shops, this really open my eyes and imagination these guys are way ahead of us when it comes to fshing. Everything you need is at a fly shop,different colored rabbit fur, feathers,all can be made into tubefly. You don't need to use a straw,everything is there to make the tube there's numerous colored thread ,numerous color wires. Its like tying a fly using threat,glue,an emagination. I have also designed the school of fshing a flasher introduced by Oregon bait it's a killer at times instead of a wobbler. My suggeation visit a fly tying shop
    I will do that for sure. I've been googling a lot about the subject and I will stop by a local fly shop so I can get a better idea of the materials available. I cant wait to give it a try.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123