Thread: Ririe report 7-4-09

Default Ririe report 7-4-09

My Dad and I trolled around Ririe Reservoir this morning for a couple hours. We ended up catching 10 Kokanee. The fish are big and healthy and they put up a heck of a fight. Some of them jumped numerous times and felt much bigger than they were. Most of them measured 15" with a few 11" (bigger than I'm used to for Ririe). To bad these big ones will be dead for ice fishing. They would be a blast on a ice rod.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maghunter Magdaddy and Kokanee.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	758  

Yeah Ririe is having an exceptional year! The fish are amazingly large! The 11" fish mean we will have another big size crop next year. Bigger water supplies mean bigger fish! Hopefully ice fishing will be good as well. I think we only had two days last year where we didn't limit on the ice!

MMM/Don/Idaho Falls, ID

Default Nice Report

I havn't been up to the lake yet this year. Sounds like I will have to get after it. I liver here in the I.F area. That was real encouraging info. I like to go to Flaming Gorge, but the fishing has been spoty this year. lots of water to hunt for them. Not like Rire, easy to find the fish!

The fish were pretty scattered at Ririe this spring. I've never seen it so full! Work the outside corners and holes. They are schooled up really nice now!