Thread: Wickiup

Default Wickiup

I went to Wickiup on thursday and it was fanastic. The fish are huge. I did not get my limit but caught 9 and lost about that many more. They are running around 15 to 16 inches and are FATTIES in great shape. They don't want anything to do with the boat and make a run for it everytime they get close and the drag starts singing. These are the best Kokes I've seen in any of the lakes I have fished in this year in Central Oregon. I have fished at Billy Chinook, East Lake, Paulina and Odell and they do not compare. I was side jigging with a 1/4 ounce Gibbs Blue Hex Minnow. When they hit there was no doubt about the size of these Kokes and the fight was on. We had a great day and I am going back on Saturday.

Great report! Sounds like alot of fun. Good thing I have a fishing trip next week or I'd really be jealous!
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again

Thanks for the report. I heard the water level was down...is it still possible to launch at the new Gull Point ramp, and is the dock usable? Also, did you have to deal with alot of bugs?

Default Ramp And Dock Are Just Fine

I don't know where you heard the water was down. Its not, and you can launch just fine. In fact its still up high as far as I can tell. The Dock is great and it sure makes it a lot easier then before. I did not notice the bugs so they must not be that bad yet. Remember we have had a lot of thunderstorms and cool weather. I hope you catch a few of those big Kokes. Steve

Great report. Glad to see someone has done well there. The water level has stayed at 83% for a long time (several weeks). I think this is good news for fishing later in the year. Did you happen to get a surface water reading? Did you find schools of fish yet?

We weren't looking for schools. They look to be scattered.