Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Another Rockport Lake Day 4-19-2009

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Harrisville, Utah
    Posts
    2,712

    Default Another Rockport Lake Day 4-19-2009

    By the time I got there, the boat had a heavy layer of frost on it. When I left, it was in the mid 60's. Caught 2browns @ 2lbs ea. & 1bow about 3lbs. a lot of debris floating after last weeks storm. Several fish taken from others as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rockport Lake  4-19-2009 001.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	451   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rockport Lake  4-19-2009 002.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	452  
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bend, Or.
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Thanks for the report Bduck. If you fished today it's no wonder it was cold out...what time did you get out on the water? I noticed you posted a post at 2:26 A.M. this morning...did you get up that early to go fishing? Those are some great looking fish...way to go!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Harrisville, Utah
    Posts
    2,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullets View Post
    Thanks for the report Bduck. If you fished today it's no wonder it was cold out...what time did you get out on the water? I noticed you posted a post at 2:26 A.M. this morning...did you get up that early to go fishing? Those are some great looking fish...way to go!
    I've been on my death bed most of the week with one foot in the grave. I was up too early because of the medications I'm on. Original plan was to go to the Gorge saturday but thats too far for my health 3hrs up & 3hrs back. Since I felt better, I couldn't let a nice day like today go by without wettin' a line so I stayed local. I started the week with bronchitis & within 2 days I had pneumonia. With me, its hard for me to stay down. First hint I get, I will go do something. Next weekend will be another local trip but in 2 weeks I will attempt another day trip to the Gorge. By the way, I was on the water at daybreak. I'm old school, don't like to waste fishing time. Its SUCKS getting sick.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    pennslyvania
    Posts
    276

    Default

    bduck , great report and better yet ya feel better just to let you know,, i had a banner day yesterday steelie fishing my buddy polar bear one of my best late late season steelie trips in years,, so you didnt jinx me lol lol ,,,,this time
    live your dreams,love your life.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Harrisville, Utah
    Posts
    2,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokanee Killer View Post
    bduck , great report and better yet ya feel better just to let you know,, i had a banner day yesterday steelie fishing my buddy polar bear one of my best late late season steelie trips in years,, so you didnt jinx me lol lol ,,,,this time
    Fantastic Kokanee Killer. Got any Pic's of your gold mine?
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Mateo, Ca.
    Posts
    728

    Default

    I am seeing more and more of those red JJ rods in people pictures, assuming that is what I see..... mine got a workout on trout and Kokes yesterday and I really like them. Tks for the report.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Harrisville, Utah
    Posts
    2,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiTechKoke View Post
    I am seeing more and more of those red JJ rods in people pictures, assuming that is what I see..... mine got a workout on trout and Kokes yesterday and I really like them. Tks for the report.
    Yep, those are the one and only JJ RODS. Doing a fine job at that.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bend, Or.
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    I've been on my death bed most of the week with one foot in the grave. I was up too early because of the medications I'm on. Original plan was to go to the Gorge saturday but thats too far for my health 3hrs up & 3hrs back. Since I felt better, I couldn't let a nice day like today go by without wettin' a line so I stayed local. I started the week with bronchitis & within 2 days I had pneumonia. With me, its hard for me to stay down. First hint I get, I will go do something. Next weekend will be another local trip but in 2 weeks I will attempt another day trip to the Gorge. By the way, I was on the water at daybreak. I'm old school, don't like to waste fishing time. Its SUCKS getting sick.
    I hope you get feeling better real soon...take care...the fish can wait for you! I'll be looking forward to your upcoming reports from the Gorge.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •