Hi All, Wow,....you guys are intense, I love it!. My name is Mike Martines. I live on the Central Coast of Calif. I'm a long time ocean salmon, albacore, and trout fisherman and since we cannot fish ocean salmon anymore...now I'm getting into kokanee. Just bought a brand new North Marine Seahawk (18.5) rigged with Scotty riggers, Lowrance finder, 90hp Yamaha. Ready to start learning
about your passion!....I guess my first question would be this: With all the vast array of tackle I see mentioned. I am looking to put together a starting kit for fishing Calif. Lakes...Berryessa, Melones, Don Pedro etc....I have rods coming fitted with Calcutta 100's filled with Maxima 8lb.
Now I need a good selection of dodgers, lures, squids, bugs, and whatever else would get me going in the right direction, oh, and scents...have some pro-cure stuff coming as well.
I've gotten addicted to your forum for the last few days and really enjoy seeing the enthusiasm and dedication you guys show for your sport!....I had no idea!......This is cool!!......I'll be happy to share any info concerning some trout fishing secrets I have learned over the years(Crowley Lake) and other Eastern Sierra spots. I would love to see some info on filling my tackle box with kokanee gear!......Thanks so much!.......Mike