Thread: Trip planning

Default Trip planning

I am planning a trip in May to Flaming Gorge. Two thing that I need is a good guide for one day and a place to stay. For now I am planning on staying in Manila at one of the motels there ane driving to the launch every day. I may even rent a slip at Buckboard if there are any available.

Any tips and information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Robin

M.M I would highly recommend Ashley Bonser For all your needs he knows the lake like no other tell him I sent you to him
    flaminggorgefishin.com
    307-389-8160

Quote Originally Posted by fairweatherman View Post
    M.M I would highly recommend Ashley Bonser For all your needs he knows the lake like no other tell him I sent you to him
    flaminggorgefishin.com
    307-389-8160
    Thanks fairweatherman I sent an email yesterday. Glad to get a recommendation, it helps a lot.

Diddo on ash. He is busy right now busting on the burbot. He will get with you. Most likely you will run out of the northern end of the lake. I would recommend getting a slip at buckboard. Makes your day more enjoyable to come in and put in the slip than to trailer each day.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Thanks Kokaholic. Renting a slip is the plan as I would just asoon not have to launch every day. I am going to hire a guide for the first day, that will hopefully make the learning curve much shorter. I would also like to learn some of the local history and some pointers on some good places for photography. It is a long way to travel so I am hoping to make the best of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Manipulator View Post
    I would also like to learn some of the local history and some pointers on some good places for photography. It is a long way to travel so I am hoping to make the best of it.
    The best scenery spots is located on the Utah side of the reservoir. However, there is a US Forest Service office in Manila in which they have pamphlet's and brochures of the area. There is a tour you can take inside the dam, an old historical farm which I found interesting, Red Canyon sites. Once you finish with your auto, a boat tour on the Utah side is a must, the scenery is spectacular.

Kyle Edwards with conquest expeditions is really good. Especially trolling for the kokes. I know he is all so a good friend of of the boys from rockymountaintacle. Ashley is a good choice as well. Never fished with him but I hear great things about him. I just know Kyle personally. The Gorge is my most favorite place to fish hands down. As you will soon find out. I usually fish 20 plus days year. More if I could.(someday)

You guys are awesome thank you very much.

Check into renting a slip at the Lucerne campground...don't know if you can do that if you're not staying there. But you could launch there if you don't want to drive all the way to BB.
    Froggie

Quote Originally Posted by froggie View Post
    Check into renting a slip at the Lucerne campground...don't know if you can do that if you're not staying there. But you could launch there if you don't want to drive all the way to BB.
    Froggie
    The campground and the slip rentals aren't connected.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk